"A visit to St. Jan and an unexpected purchase" Den Bosch by ATLC
Den Bosch Travel Guide: 184 reviews and 458 photos
Den Bosch, also known as 's Hertogenbosch, counts as one of our country's more flamboyand cities.
It boasts a rare cathedral that is still Roman Catholic. That is, not taken over by the protestants who own most of the former catholic churches in The Netherlands.
Restaurants and nightlife are abundant in this vibrant city of southern Netherlands, for all ages.
This visit we made, was as members of the Brielle Bell Ringers Guild. We are particularly interested in towers and bells and the St. Jan Cathedral is a fine example. We took a guided tour of one hour, had lunch and tea and generally enjoyed the city, the shops and each other :-)
During our walk I noticed the zipper of my boot had broken. I could fix it slightly but it felt rather poorly to know that it could come undone again any minute. I took the opportunity to buy new boots of excellent quality, almost in a jiffy!
The Friends of Den Bosch (Kring Vrienden van 's Hertogenbosch) organise various city walks and other activities to share... more travel advice
Coming in to the cafe it turned out to be very full, so we walked out again. But as we did so, the waitress ran after us... more travel advice
ATLC's Related Pages
Den Bosch Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Den Bosch"
- "So old, so beautiful"
- "Den Bosch or 's-Hertogenbosch"
- "My original home town!"
- "'s-Hertogenbosch: capital of Noord-Brabant"
- "Den Bosch"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Den Bosch
- Hotels in Den Bosch
- Transportation in Den Bosch
- Nightlife in Den Bosch
- Restaurants in Den Bosch
- Shopping in Den Bosch
- Warnings and Dangers in Den Bosch
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Den Bosch
- 4 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (127)
Have you been to Den Bosch?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Den Bosch
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: a ghost from the past?"
- Wrote a Review Discover the city about St. Jan cathedral in Den Bosch Things to Do
- updated a Den Bosch Travel Page "A visit to St. Jan and an unexpected purchase"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Lunch in a hurry"
- Commented on one of sambarnett's Den Bosch travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 292 reviews, 426 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 159 reviews, 337 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brielle Intro, 126 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 129 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Traben-Trarbach Intro, 43 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxembourg Intro, 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madagascar Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cochem Intro, 42 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odense Intro, 45 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 63 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues