"Of whales, Mennonites and literature" De Rijp by ATLC

De Rijp Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 110 photos

De Rijp

On Saturday Nov 13th 2004 I travelled to De Rijp in the province Noord-Holland (north of Amsterdam) for a seminar about Arctic Travel. Little did I know I would end up in this charming little village with enormous history.
I'll try to convey a bit about that history which I picked up in the mere hours that I was there.

• Last visit to De Rijp: Nov 2004
  • Intro Written Nov 13, 2004

• dnwitte's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2011 at 8:25 AM

Looks like a typical nice day in North Holland!

• Igraine's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2005 at 2:01 PM

You were so nearby and you didnt say a word!! tsk tsk. Very nice pics pics of De Rijp.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2005 at 3:45 PM

Very interesting local customs and a sailor's monument! You are VT Queen of Off The Beaten Path destinations!

• billus's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2004 at 6:47 PM

Oh wow de Ridgip! I remember this charming Noord Hollandsche hamlet from way back in the 1980's when I was introduced to the Ridgip (Rijp) by my college housemate's sister's father. And was back as recently as 2003 where a dutch wedding was taking place

• Nov 29, 2004 at 5:34 AM

It is a fascinated little village, with a great history about whaling. Nice work ATLC

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2004 at 8:02 PM

Good work...quite an interesting place. More updates, mmm, I can see. well done AT.

• craic's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2004 at 3:23 AM

Oh wow. It is so pretty. And interesting. And historic. (Even if a bit mouldy.)

• Norali's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2004 at 6:56 AM

Ah! you too are fascinated by sluices ? What i like most is the noise of the waterfalls. De Rijp seems beautiful. I see it's still keeping its original stamp.

ATLC

“The notion that the world is round makes me feel quite giddy! (quote Miss Matty, Cranford)”

Badges & Stats in De Rijp

Have you been to De Rijp?

Latest Activity in De Rijp