"Huis Doorn (castle)" Doorn by ATLC
Doorn Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 33 photos
Huis Doorn was bought by the German Kaiser Wilhelm II when he came to live in The Netherlands as a refugee after the debacle of the First World War.
He was forced to resign from all his imperial rights and to any position in Germany at the time.
He lived in Huis Doorn from just after 1918 until his death in 1941.
The entrance is right on the street when entering the village Doorn from the west.
You'll find many old and large houses in a lovely setting with many trees.
Please read Nighthawk's Doorn page for more historical info.
- Opening hours March 15 to October 31 Tuesday to Saturday from 10-17 hrs Sunday from 13-17 hrs November 1 to March... more travel advice
The whole house is strewn with paintings and photographs. The latter give an amazing insight in how life was around... more travel advice
ATLC's Related Pages
Doorn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Huis Doorn (castle)"
- "Doorn, Netherlands"
- "In the footsteps of Kaiser Wilhelm II"
- "Huis Doorn"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Doorn
- 11 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (123)
Have you been to Doorn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Doorn
Photos in DoornSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 292 reviews, 426 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 159 reviews, 337 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brielle Intro, 126 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 129 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Traben-Trarbach Intro, 43 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxembourg Intro, 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madagascar Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cochem Intro, 42 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odense Intro, 45 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 63 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues