"Small, picturesque village" Grolloo by ATLC

Grolloo Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 53 photos

A bit lost

Yes, you read correctly: it's a small village. And yes, correct again: I got lost.
This little village is worth cycling or driving through, it has lots of little and larger farm houses, well maintained along little roads. It doesn't really have a center and those little roads go round so while I have driven through a few times on various occassions, I can still get a little lost (for 2 minutes, until I find the roundabout again!).

Fame

On Sachara's Grolloo page you can find more information about the one famous inhabitant of Grolloo, the blues musician Harry Muskee.

What I'd like to add is this: 'yours truly' is so naive, I had never heard of the man. Yikes, what an omission!
The more stupid of me because I made it a point to attend the yearly Blues Festival in my former hometown Brielle and Harry Muskee performed there a few times too. Duuuuh!

Beloved (who is a musician himself) told me that Harry Muskee is famous for his blues music but also that HM is known to sit himself at any church organ and play JS Bach, declaring that this is the best music of all!

• Last visit to Grolloo: Aug 2010
  • Intro Updated Aug 9, 2010

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2010 at 12:58 AM

AT, to get lost and end up in Grolloo is not the most bad thing to happen. I did a course overtone singing in Grolloo and in this little church we performed a wonderful concert for friends.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2010 at 2:25 PM

hmmm, this page makes me hungry !

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2010 at 1:57 AM

Pork knee! I never tried that before.

ATLC Visits Here Frequently!

ATLC

“The notion that the world is round makes me feel quite giddy! (quote Miss Matty, Cranford)”

Badges & Stats in Grolloo

Have you been to Grolloo?

Latest Activity in Grolloo