Haarzuilens Things to Do Tips by ATLC
Haarzuilens Things to Do: 3 reviews and 3 photos
Very neat, very proper...that's a Dutch trait, I guess.
The houses were built by the famous architect Cuypers, who also restored the castle.
Now this type of garden is quite popular in The Netherlands. Not that you see it very much (heaven forbid!) but it's daintiness, kitsch even, is typical.
Now usually this goes for women who take pride in the interior and cleanlines of their houses.
But here in Haarzuilens everyone takes utmost care of the exterior and gardens too.
This is because the village was built by the same architects who restored the ruins of Castle De Haar and the colours show that the village belongs to the castle.
Was used in the old days to keep the cattle at night.
The village itself was moved completely when the castle was being restored at the end of the 1800s.
Baron Van Zuylen van Nyevelt van de Haar wanted large castle grounds and parks for his newly restored castle and the little medieval village was in the way.
The building of the village lasted from 1886 to 1898.
Haarzuilens' welcoming charm.
More Reviews (6)
ATLC's Related Pages
Haarzuilens Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Phoenix Hotels
- Amsterdam Hotels
- Monterosso al Mare
- Madison Heights Hotels
- Bulacan Hotels
Badges & Stats in Haarzuilens
- 12 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (125)
Have you been to Haarzuilens?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Haarzuilens
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: a ghost from the past?"
- updated a Haarzuilens Travel Page "STUFF THAT FAIRYTALES ARE MADE OF"
- Uploaded a Photo to "STUFF THAT FAIRYTALES ARE MADE OF"
- Wrote a Review Castle under restoration in Haarzuilens Tourist Traps
- Commented on one of nighthawk's Haarzuilens travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 292 reviews, 426 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 159 reviews, 337 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brielle Intro, 126 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 129 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Traben-Trarbach Intro, 43 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxembourg Intro, 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madagascar Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cochem Intro, 42 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odense Intro, 45 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 63 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues