Harderwijk Things to Do Tips by ATLC Top 5 Page for this destination
Harderwijk Things to Do: 19 reviews and 40 photos
Grote kerk Harderwijk
Harderwijk is part of the so-called Bible belt. Which we noticed very well when walking along one street just outside the town center. Seven churches we counted. All different kinds of congregations.
This here is the main church in the town center, the Reformed Church or by its old (catholic) name of Church of our Lady (Onze Lieve Vrouwekerk).
There are biblical paintings on the ceilings which are hundreds of years old.
The organ is also interesting and there's information about the organ in English.
It's main sections (ship, choir) are from the 14th and 15th century.
Half the church is gone though, as you can see on the plaquette on one of the photos here.
At the link below there is some information on the church's history in English.
You can visit the church from half May to half September (13.30-16.30 hrs) on Mondays thru Thursdays. Or make an appointment.
Address: Grote Kerkplein 1, Harderwijk
Directions: Center of town
This museum is situated in the centre of Harderwijk. Lots of local info that is also interesting for Dutch people. For instance the camps for Belgian soldiers who fled their country during World War 1. Nearly 15.000 of them were interned near Harderwijk. About twice as many as all the Harderwijk inhabitants at the time!
Other topics in this museum are:
- the recruiting camps for the Oost-Indisch (East-Indian) army 1815-1910 (Koloniaal Werfdepot)
- The Suydersee fishing culture
- The Gelderland University
- The Mint
- Village Hierden
- Harderwijk Hanseatic town
Mon-Fri: 10.00 · 17.00 hrs
Sat: 13.00-16.00 hrs
Entrance fee: 2 euro (adults), 1.50 euro (13-17 yrs), free for Museumkaart holders
The museum shop has free entry.
Address: Donkerstraat 4, Harderwijk
Directions: Click here for a map
Other Contact: email@example.com
More Reviews (5)
ATLC's Related Pages
Harderwijk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A long overdue introduction"
- "Dolfinarium Harderwijk"
- "Harderwijk, fishermentown that lost it's sea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Harderwijk
- Hotels in Harderwijk
- Transportation in Harderwijk
- Restaurants in Harderwijk
- Shopping in Harderwijk
- See All...
Explore the World
- Subic Hotels
- Cagayan de Oro City Hotels
- Paris Hotels
- Baclaran Hotels
- Laoag City
- La Spezia
- Puerto Rico
Badges & Stats in Harderwijk
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (133)
Have you been to Harderwijk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Harderwijk
- Posted in Travel Strasbourg Forum "Re: Strasbourg or Colmar New..."
- Wrote a Review Nice and affordable women's fashion in Harderwijk Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to "Visit the church"
- created a Harderwijk Travel Page "A long overdue introduction"
- Commented on one of pieter_jan_v's Harderwijk travel pages
Photos in HarderwijkSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 291 reviews, 424 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 159 reviews, 337 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brielle Intro, 126 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 129 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Traben-Trarbach Intro, 43 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxembourg Intro, 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madagascar Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cochem Intro, 42 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odense Intro, 45 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 62 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (152)
Latest Harderwijk hotel reviews
- Best Western Hotel Baars
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2012