"In the heart of Europoort" Heijplaat by ATLC
Heijplaat Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 9 photos
I can guarantee you that you will never visit this place unless you are a truck driver who delivers or fetches goods from one of the hundreds of harbours in Port Rotterdam.
On 28 February 2003 I visited a governmental service that controls all meat and fish (frozen or otherwise for the consumer market) that enters the country at Rotterdam.
Customs only lets the goods in after it has been checked.
After that we had a steak dinner at a truckers café.
Each load of goods is checked by inspectors, veterinarians, biologists and other staff.
Goods that have been refused and goods that are awaiting laboratory results.
Some goods are kept for as long as 2 years, in frozen state, awaiting the owner to decide what to do with it because it was refused in The Netherlands.
This is at Abel Tasmanweg in Rotterdam Albrandswaard. more travel advice
Not only the samples but also the whole load is either destroyed or sent back to the country where it came from.... more travel advice
ATLC's Related Pages
Heijplaat Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Heijplaat
- 7 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (124)
Have you been to Heijplaat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Heijplaat
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 292 reviews, 426 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 159 reviews, 337 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brielle Intro, 126 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 129 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Traben-Trarbach Intro, 43 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxembourg Intro, 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madagascar Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cochem Intro, 42 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odense Intro, 45 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 63 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues