"Welcome to my new home town, old fortified harbour" Hellevoetsluis by ATLC
Hellevoetsluis Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 71 photos
This is an exact copy of the ship that Tsar Peter The Great of Russia (who had a great connection to The Netherlands) built.
It's an educational project. But what's more: it is a mighty sight in the very old harbour of Hellevoetsluis.
Hellevoetsluis has grown to a 60.000 inhabitants. It's an old fortified city and has a historical dock called Jan Blanken.
Hellevoetsluis is located on Voorne-Putten, a region just west of Rotterdam.
On Voorne there are other villages and towns to visit:
Brielle, my former hometown of 22 years
I have built pages about them too. Please visit them!
<b>Please note</b> I am writing plenty of tips here but there are quite a few photos to be found or made and then uploaded. Just think of Alice in Wonderland who grumbled to her sister that her book had no pictures. She proceeded to have one of the most adventurous trips ever written!
- Pros:Great for nautic activities and historically interesting
- Cons:A bit off-the-beaten path
- In a nutshell:Attractive little town in rural and marine area.
The fortifications on the west side of the old harbour have been beautifully restored. It includes an area where you can... more travel advice
This is a working windmill in the center of the fortified town, built in 1801. You can visit it in July and August on... more travel advice
ATLC's Related Pages
Hellevoetsluis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to my new home town, old fortified harbour"
- "Hellevoetsluis ,a City on the Island Voorne-Putten"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hellevoetsluis
- Hotels in Hellevoetsluis
- Transportation in Hellevoetsluis
- Restaurants in Hellevoetsluis
- Shopping in Hellevoetsluis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hellevoetsluis
- 34 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 16 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (124)
Have you been to Hellevoetsluis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hellevoetsluis
- Posted in Travel Amsterdam Forum "Re: A Walk Around de Pijp"
- Wrote a Review Herbal potions and such in Hellevoetsluis Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to "National Museum Fire Brigade"
- Commented on one of lua2's Hellevoetsluis travel pages
- updated a Hellevoetsluis Travel Page "Welcome to my new home town, old fortified harbour"
- Uploaded a Video to Hellevoetsluis
Photos in HellevoetsluisSee All Photos (38)
Videos in HellevoetsluisSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 292 reviews, 426 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 159 reviews, 337 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brielle Intro, 126 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 129 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Traben-Trarbach Intro, 43 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxembourg Intro, 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madagascar Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cochem Intro, 42 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odense Intro, 45 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 63 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues