Keukenhof Things to Do Tips by ATLC Top 5 Page for this destination
Keukenhof Things to Do: 81 reviews and 182 photos
This bus rides between 24 March and 20 May (2011) between 10-19.15 hrs from Thursday to Sunday. The route is from Noordwijk, via Noordwijkerhout to Panorama Tulipland in Voorhout and then on to Lisse (Keukenhof).The bus stops at central points, larger hotels and at Tulipland and Keukenhof.
A ticket costs 5 euro. If you want to include entrance to Tulipland and Keukenhof, you pay 16 euro (instead of 21 euro) extra.
In the bus you can see the beautiful country and tulipfields. You can decide to hop off everywhere or just stay. You could stop at the beack in Noordwijk or do some shopping in picturesque Noordwijkerhout.
This is an original mill, built in 1892 in the province Groningen and was used for polder drainage. The winmill was bought by the Holland America Line and brought to Keukenhof, now 51 years ago.
In front of the windmill you see a typical bridge that you will find in larger versions all over The Netherlands.
Obviously, as you can see in the photo, you can have a look inside!
Just across the water at the Wilhelmina entrance, you'll find these fun stepping stones.
Now, I'm not going to tell you how it feels to walk on them, but luckily nobody got wet!
In the ponds there are various birds that enjoy their life at Keukenhof!
This year (2008) the theme at Keukenhof is 'China' and 'the Olympic games'. The pavilion Oranje Nassau (our royal family's family name) shows flower arrangements within that theme. There are also flower arranging demonstrations.
In Keukenhof park there are pavilions which also show off the great varieties of flowers.
In Pavilion Willem Alexander (the name of our crown prince) you'll be amazed. What struck me most was how tall and huge the tulips were.
I was there too early, but from 8 May 2008 there will be the largest show of lilies in the world.
Apart from that you will find demonstrations of flower arranging, art sales, garden/balcony/terrace presentations.
Do see the five very colour photos in this tip!
There are free guided tours in the park twice a day. They start from the Bloembollen Info point which is next to the Juliana pavilion. In various languages (English, French, German...).
Address: Bloembollen Info Point
Wheel chairs can be borrowed for free at the Main Entrance and at the Wilhelmina entrance. The paths in the park are wide enough and there are no obstacles to fully enjoy the beauty of the flowers and all the sights.
You do need to make advance reservations for the free wheelchairs.
The phone number is below.
Phone: +31 (0)252465555
Available at Keukenhof:
There's a children's route in Keukenhof. There are two puzzle routes that you can pick up for free at all the pay-desks and info desks.
At the main entrance you can hire children's carts.
Children's farm (Kinderboerderij)
Little playground with a pizza stand.
Nappy changing facilities for babies
Keukenhof bike rental
Just outside the main entrance is a bike rental with big orange bikes and cycling routes in English, French, German, Japanese.
There are 5 routes (5-25 kms), taking anything from 30 minutes to 2-3 hours.
A bike is € 8,50
A tandem (doublebike) is € 17,50
Add € 1,50 if you want a route description and souvenir.
Or: Bike+route description+coffee/tea and applepie in a cafe along the way: € 12,00
Or: Bike+route description+entrance to Panorama Tulipland: € 14 (open daily 10-17.30 hrs)
note: Bikes are not allowed inside Keukenhof
Phone: 06 12089858
Around Keukenhof area (Hillegom)
Here's a typical cycle route with tulip bulb theme:
I know, it is in Dutch. But it has a little map and it starts in Lisse, round to Noordwijkerhout, in a circle.
In the photos you'll get an impression of what you'll see.
More Reviews (24)
- Niet parkeren !!! (don't park!!!)
- See All Castle Keukenhof
- See All Tulip Mania
- Book recommendation: Tulip Fever
- See All Flower bulbs and bouquets
- See All Coming to Keukenhof by bicycle
ATLC's Related Pages
Keukenhof Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A sunny trip to Keukenhof"
- "A very colourful garden"
- "World of flowers/plants"
- "A trip to the famous Keukenhof"
- "World famous flower garden"
- "Keukenhof - The most colourful spring of your life"
- "Tip Toe Through the Tulips with Me"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Keukenhof
- Hotels in Keukenhof
- Transportation in Keukenhof
- Restaurants in Keukenhof
- Shopping in Keukenhof
- Warnings and Dangers in Keukenhof
- See All...
Explore the World
- Florence Hotels
- Burnie Hotels
- Temoaya Hotels
- Osage Beach Hotels
- Pulau Kukup
Badges & Stats in Keukenhof
- 34 Reviews
- 91 Photos
- 19 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (125)
Have you been to Keukenhof?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Keukenhof
Photos in KeukenhofSee All Photos (91)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 292 reviews, 426 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 159 reviews, 337 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brielle Intro, 126 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 129 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Traben-Trarbach Intro, 43 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxembourg Intro, 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madagascar Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cochem Intro, 42 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odense Intro, 45 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 63 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues