"Loenen aan de Vecht" Loenen by ATLC

Loenen Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 7 photos

I come here about every month, and 20 years ago I lived very near in Vreeland which belongs to the municipality of Loenen aan de Vecht.

Those 20 years ago I would ride my bike or Vespa motor cycle and make the 5 km trip along the river from Vreeland to Loenen for some shopping.

You may notice I do not just call it 'Loenen'. Because there is another Loenen in the province Gelderland, this Loenen is situated on the river Vecht, and thus officially is Loenen aan de Vecht.

The river Vecht is highly popular with holidaying people on motor boats. Between Vreeland and Loenen ad Vecht the landscape is rural, many little houses and farms, and canal boats that serve as homes as well. It is very beautiful.

Further on from Loenen aan de Vecht to Breukelen (and further to Maarssen), you'll find grand stately homes and villa's from bygone ages.

This summer I plan to take my bike and cycling right along the river to make more photos.

• Last visit to Loenen: Apr 2008
  • Intro Updated Apr 7, 2008

Comments

ATLC Visits Here Frequently!

ATLC

“The notion that the world is round makes me feel quite giddy! (quote Miss Matty, Cranford)”

Badges & Stats in Loenen