"Naaldwijk, market town" Naaldwijk by ATLC

Naaldwijk Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 276 photos

Just some photos

I don't live too far from Naaldwijk and when I need to go to The Hague, I sometimes choose to do the detour (avoid traffic) through what's called 'Westland', full of glasshouse industry, lots of little dykes and narrow roads. So I pass by Naaldwijk quite often but only stopped there once or twice. The be honest, the photos here (and in the travelogue) are really nice but that's just about all there is. Apart from that it has a very modern shopping mall and most of Naaldwijk is way way after WWII. Sixties, seventies, I think. Not much imaginative residential building has gone on.

Like in my teens (my great aunt lived there), the public transportation is so so... it takes about 50 minutes to get to The Hague or Rotterdam by bus, while by car it would be 20 minutes.

Mind you, business wise, Naaldwijk is a vibrant center of trade in flowers and vegetables, mostly for export.

You could do some nice cycling trips in the neighbourhood though (lots of nature, despite the glasshouses), and the beach is not too far either.

• Pros:Market town, enough shops.
  • Cons:hmmm, go to Delft if you want to be near.
  • Intro Updated Nov 16, 2012

ATLC

“The notion that the world is round makes me feel quite giddy! (quote Miss Matty, Cranford)”

Badges & Stats in Naaldwijk

Have you been to Naaldwijk?

Latest Activity in Naaldwijk