"Oosterbeek" Top 5 Page for this destination Oosterbeek by ATLC
Oosterbeek Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 93 photos
Oosterbeek is where I lived during my high school years.
It's a beautiful village, situated along the Rhine, in the east of The Netherlands, just west of Arnhem.
Woods, heather, cycle and walking paths abound here.
Oosterbeek thanks its many large villa's to the people that were colonials in Indonesia and came to live here when they retired.
To this day, many people choose Oosterbeek to live their senior years.
Oosterbeek also played a significant part in WWII, during the battle of Arnhem.
The photo is a view of my house, hidden among the trees. The path leads down to the river Rhine.
The tips are not sufficient yet. I am working on it!
Was built in 1911 by an architect who lived there himself. It was a house full of little surprises. Five chimneys, little round windows at the back, a big hallway and staircase, an old oak beam from a ship in the living room, old tiling in toilet and kitchen and wall-sculptures over the front door and at the back of the fireplace.
The side building was not there when I lived there.
When we did move in, the dusty, cobwebbed cellar was filled with preserved fruits in alcohol. Made maybe 20-30 years before. It was still delicious!
This path turns off Klingelbeekseweg. In the direction of the river Rhine there is a small lake where you can swim,... more travel advice
ATLC's Related Pages
Oosterbeek Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The place where I am enjoying my work"
- "Oosterbeek, the battleground village"
- "Oosterbeek, a place to remember!"
- "A tribute to their effort to free us!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oosterbeek
- Hotels in Oosterbeek
- Transportation in Oosterbeek
- Warnings and Dangers in Oosterbeek
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oosterbeek
- 6 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (117)
Have you been to Oosterbeek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oosterbeek
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 292 reviews, 426 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 159 reviews, 337 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brielle Intro, 126 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 129 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Traben-Trarbach Intro, 43 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxembourg Intro, 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madagascar Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cochem Intro, 42 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odense Intro, 45 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 63 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues