"The Point of Land at Rozenburg" Rozenburg by ATLC
Rozenburg Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 23 photos
Very near my hometown Brielle, at a distance of some 5 kilometres, the region Europoort stretches from the ocean, along the New Waterway to Rotterdam, thus forming an unusual landscape of industry and harbour activity in the largest port of the world.
A completely different landscape than picturesque and rural Brielle at only a stone's throw away!
One sees mighty tankers, chemical factories, the great Storm Surge Barrier. a feat of Dutch deltaworks engineering.
The Point of Land Rozenburg (Landtong Rozenburg) is part of that region.
There you see all of the above but also one also sees man made landscape, day tourism, a rare natural park with birds breeding and the mouth of the Nieuwe Waterweg (New Waterway) that connects the North Sea to Rotterdam.
Majestic, and working 24/7.
I'm inviting you to come with me on a virtual driving tour in the area. Just start with the tips :-)
Also known as the Maeslant Barrier, will protect the land in case of a spring tide with added factors that would flood... more travel advice
Various parties are involved in the further development of the 'Landtong Rozenburg'. First the Council of the town... more travel advice
ATLC's Related Pages
Rozenburg Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Rozenburg
- Transportation in Rozenburg
- Restaurants in Rozenburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rozenburg
- 20 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (123)
Have you been to Rozenburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rozenburg
Photos in RozenburgSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 292 reviews, 426 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 159 reviews, 337 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brielle Intro, 126 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 129 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Traben-Trarbach Intro, 43 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxembourg Intro, 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madagascar Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cochem Intro, 42 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odense Intro, 45 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 63 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues