"STAPHORST - folklore and religion" Staphorst by ATLC
Staphorst Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 82 photos
Staphorst is one of the rare villages in The Netherlands where people still wear traditional costume.
I am a little shy to ask these people to pose in front of my camera. So I have used some postcards. But the farms are very nice photo topics as well. Even though this is a small village, it is Dutch and yet exotic and I haven't finished exploring yet!
See more in the Local Customs Tips!
There are quite a few places around Meppel (main town in the area) that are worth visiting. However, Meppel is on the brink of two provinces, so you would not be able to detect that if you look at my Travel Page.
You could easily cycle between these places. It's a lovely rural area.
So here goes:
Kolderveen (very rural, dairy farm icecream)
Steenwijk (small town, Unesco heritage site)
Giethoorn (Venice of the north)
Staphorst (beautiful old farms)
Ruinerwold(stone's throw from Meppel)
Kallenkote (Indonesian bird park)
Frederiksoord(colony of welfare)
Vledder(small village, museum of fake art)
Zwolle (largest town in the area)
Meppel (lively nightlife, shopping, printing museum)
Schiphorst (stately home as exclusive hotel/restaurant, stork farm)
- Pros:Folkore and tradition
Another view of the church bell, surrounded by gravestones more travel advice
- See All Painted farms
- See All Traditional costume: WOMAN
- See All TRADITIONAL PAINTED WARE
- Hotel Waanders
ATLC's Related Pages
Staphorst Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "STAPHORST - folklore and religion"
- "Take a walk down the typical Holland"
- "A typical Orthodox Calvinist village."
- "Staphorst - Found Myself in a Strange Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Staphorst
- Hotels in Staphorst
- Transportation in Staphorst
- Shopping in Staphorst
- Warnings and Dangers in Staphorst
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Staphorst
- 24 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (123)
Have you been to Staphorst?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Staphorst
- Posted in Travel Amsterdam Forum "Re: A Walk Around de Pijp"
- updated a Staphorst Travel Page "STAPHORST - folklore and religion"
- Uploaded a Photo to "STAPHORST - folklore and religion"
- Wrote a Review STAPHORST CHURCH BELL 2 in Staphorst Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of avdb1948's Staphorst travel pages
Photos in StaphorstSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 292 reviews, 426 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 159 reviews, 337 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brielle Intro, 126 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 129 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Traben-Trarbach Intro, 43 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxembourg Intro, 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madagascar Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cochem Intro, 42 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odense Intro, 45 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 63 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues