"Watch out! Zoetermeer page is here !" Zoetermeer by ATLC
Zoetermeer Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 41 photos
This town is one of those places you never visit unless you need to. There's almost no historical center to speak of, loads of new suburbs and even the name doesn't appeal to Dutchies.
Zoetermeer is most known for its business and logistic activities as it is ideally central. 20 car minutes to Utrecht, 15 to The Hague and a little over half an hour to Amsterdam, 20 minutes to Rotterdam....
No wonder the population has grown explosively because there is so much commercial activity.
On June 26th 2003 I decided to pay a little more attention to Zoetermeer. After visiting a friend, I walked to the old center, visited a local museum and wandered along the edge of the modern city heart (with the usual big stores).
Then I got into the car and drove to one of the newest suburbs to see how Dutch planologists laid out streets, houses, schools and shops in the 80s and 90s.
I was in for a pleasant surprise.
And so this page came about....
For a staggering 3 months I worked here. Not much exciting to say about that, only that my office was on the other side of the station entrance (photo above).
Zoetermeer, admittedly, is not interesting for tourists. But if you're interested in city planning and building, then... more travel advice
The Vlamingstraat is a little dyke with water on one side, and on either side a collection of lovely cottage-like... more travel advice
ATLC's Related Pages
Zoetermeer Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Watch out! Zoetermeer page is here !"
- "Lovely Sweet Lake City"
- "Zoetermeer, Netherlands"
- "Zoetermeer my special place in Holland"
- "Space for living, working and loving."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zoetermeer
- Nightlife in Zoetermeer
- Restaurants in Zoetermeer
- Shopping in Zoetermeer
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zoetermeer
- 37 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (121)
Have you been to Zoetermeer?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zoetermeer
Photos in ZoetermeerSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 292 reviews, 426 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 159 reviews, 337 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brielle Intro, 126 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 129 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Traben-Trarbach Intro, 43 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxembourg Intro, 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madagascar Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cochem Intro, 42 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odense Intro, 45 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 63 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues