"Watch out! Zoetermeer page is here !" Zoetermeer by ATLC

Zoetermeer Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 41 photos

Who's afraid of Zoetermeer

This town is one of those places you never visit unless you need to. There's almost no historical center to speak of, loads of new suburbs and even the name doesn't appeal to Dutchies.
Zoetermeer is most known for its business and logistic activities as it is ideally central. 20 car minutes to Utrecht, 15 to The Hague and a little over half an hour to Amsterdam, 20 minutes to Rotterdam....
No wonder the population has grown explosively because there is so much commercial activity.

On June 26th 2003 I decided to pay a little more attention to Zoetermeer. After visiting a friend, I walked to the old center, visited a local museum and wandered along the edge of the modern city heart (with the usual big stores).
Then I got into the car and drove to one of the newest suburbs to see how Dutch planologists laid out streets, houses, schools and shops in the 80s and 90s.
I was in for a pleasant surprise.
And so this page came about....

I worked here

For a staggering 3 months I worked here. Not much exciting to say about that, only that my office was on the other side of the station entrance (photo above).

• Last visit to Zoetermeer: Nov 2010
  • Intro Updated Nov 8, 2010

• white_smallstar's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2008 at 12:29 AM

Thanks for your good advice. I appreciated that visit. NICO

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2005 at 8:26 AM

Another great page AT. Thanks for sharing.

• diocletianvs's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2004 at 7:18 AM

Kind of page I like the most - it is easy to find info on all cathedrals by googling and info on all architectural masterpieces on specialized sites. But to see how people's balconies look like - you have to visit either the place or pages like this.

• Renescheffer's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2004 at 2:11 AM

Anke Thea... Nice page Suprisingly that you are able to make a page of Zoetermeer... Perhaps there are also pages op Nieuwegein or Heerhugowaard :-) Rene

• OlafS's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2003 at 8:27 AM

Great, I was looking for pictures of the St. Nicholas for a long time!

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2003 at 11:04 PM

Hi Anke Thea , when Lori & I drove through Zoetermeer few years ago , I could not believe my eyes ,was this that little village that i drove to by bicycle when a teenager , what did they do to it ,it is a cement city now. Dank je wel, prachtig gedaan AT

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2003 at 6:16 PM

Fantasierijk boer! Bijzonder interessant!!

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2003 at 12:51 AM

excellent ..off the beaten path

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2003 at 11:41 PM

Yes, even in business smaller towns there is always something to see, this whole place like Off The Beaten Path. Anyway, where can I have my coffee or beer?

• shdw100's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2003 at 7:59 AM

Had to come see what was new on your pages! Found this page, which to me was quite facinating. I love seeing how people live and breath, to me it's an education. Great page, Anke-Thea!

ATLC

“The notion that the world is round makes me feel quite giddy! (quote Miss Matty, Cranford)”

Badges & Stats in Zoetermeer

Have you been to Zoetermeer?

Latest Activity in Zoetermeer