Bouillon Things to Do Tips by ATLC Top 5 Page for this destination
Bouillon Things to Do: 14 reviews and 22 photos
The 'Parc Animalier' is just outside Bouillon on the west side. It has 60 different kinds of animals, a large playground and a large restaurant. You can watch the animals along a 2 km long route.
Looks like a nice thing to do with young children!
The park is open all year round from 9.30 to 19 hrs in summer and until 17 hrs in winter.
Entrance fees are 8 euro for adults, 5 euro for children (4-12 yrs).
We did not have time for a visit, we made it to the car park !
Address: Chemin de chantereine, Bouillon
Directions: Leave Bouillon by the westside. Make sure you have correct directions from the tourist office or follow the signs.
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 061 467152
While you are at the fortress, you may hit upon the 'ballet of birds of prey'. It's a half funny 20 minute show in French and Flemish/Dutch in the central court yard. There are 4 shows per day usually, in high season.
The birds live in the court yard in their individual cages. Even outside the shows you can admire them there.
The show is free (you have paid entrance to the fortress anyway) and you can sit on the tribune or stand around somewhere else.
Canoeing on the Semois, Bouillon
Canoeing (or kayaking) is a very popular sport in the Belgian Ardennes. You can rent canoes just about anywhere. In Bouillon too, of course!
The sign points you to the spot on the river side, just opposite hotel Porte de France (where we stayed).
There's plenty of fast moving water in the river Semois, so it should be fun!
Address: Pont de France
Other Contact: email@example.com
Phone: 061 256878
This museum houses collections from the iron age, folklore, local industry (tin), music and various (christian) art.
I especially liked the attic where they showed the old tin factory from Bouillon which obviously played a big part in people's lives.
Address: Rue du Petit 1-3, Bouillon
Directions: It's a very white building high up over the town, on the same side as the big fort.
Chateau Fort, Bouillon
The huge fortress at Bouillon looms above the town, almost the full length of the town!
Your visit will take about 2-3 hours.
Definitely fun for children too!
Of course you should check the website (tourist office), but here are the details for 2010:
Entrance fees: 5.90 euro (adults), 4 euro (children <12 yrs).
Night visits (including burning torch): 7.90 euro
Printed guides in French, Dutch, English, German and Japanese: 1 euro.
No dogs allowed.
Address: Esplanade Godefroy 1, 6830 Bouillon
Directions: You can't miss it. Honestly!
More Reviews (20)
- See All Up the hill with great views
- See All Explore the region
- See All Wear sturdy shoes
- Tourist office
- Karting in Bouillon
ATLC's Related Pages
Bouillon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bouillon is a perfect weekend outing"
- "Bouillon and its lovely castle"
- "Bouillon - The Bruges of the South"
- "The fortress"
- "Bouillon - quite a surprise."
- "Bouillon, a very relaxing town ...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bouillon
- Hotels in Bouillon
- Transportation in Bouillon
- Restaurants in Bouillon
- Shopping in Bouillon
- Warnings and Dangers in Bouillon
- See All...
Explore the World
- Oxfordshire Hotels
- Clarke Island Hotels
- Dartmouth Hotels
- Le Puy Hotels
- Orange Beach
- Laguna Cuicocha
- Tunbridge Wells
Badges & Stats in Bouillon
- 25 Reviews
- 81 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (132)
Have you been to Bouillon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bouillon
Photos in BouillonSee All Photos (81)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 291 reviews, 424 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 159 reviews, 337 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brielle Intro, 126 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 129 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Traben-Trarbach Intro, 43 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxembourg Intro, 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madagascar Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cochem Intro, 42 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odense Intro, 45 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 62 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues