"Going to the ... Hawes" Hawes by ATLC
Hawes Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 46 photos
When we stay in Askrigg, groceries are usually done in Hawes. My friend Liz would drive us. On our first visit I didn't really hear her properly and when she said 'we're going to Hawes' I heard 'we're going to whores' !
If only to get my favourite fruit cake ;)
Hawes, means a 'pass between mountains', and it stands between Buttertubs and Fleet Moss.
What I remember most about Hawes is the weekly market and the building that served as a kind of market hall for local... more travel advice
ATLC's Related Pages
Hawes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Capital of Wensleydale"
- "Going to the ... Hawes"
- "Hawes - Pleasant Dales town"
- "A fledgling Hawes page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hawes
- Transportation in Hawes
- Restaurants in Hawes
- Shopping in Hawes
- Warnings and Dangers in Hawes
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Hawes
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (133)
Have you been to Hawes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hawes
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 291 reviews, 424 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 159 reviews, 337 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brielle Intro, 126 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 129 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Traben-Trarbach Intro, 43 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxembourg Intro, 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madagascar Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cochem Intro, 42 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odense Intro, 45 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 62 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues