"On the way to Yorkshire Dales" Top 5 Page for this destination Knaresborough by ATLC
Knaresborough Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 118 photos
On the way to Askrigg we decided to do a short stop in Knaresborough, a lovely town with a castle and great view over the river.
Why Knaresborough? Well, a picture of it was on the front of our road map!
The castle dates from the 12th century, through now only the keep survives. The rest of it was totally destroyed by... more travel advice
Completed in 1851, this majestic railway link is 90 ft high and 338 ft long. One of Mother Shipton's many prophecies... more travel advice
ATLC's Related Pages
Knaresborough Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Not just Mother Shipton"
- "On the way to Yorkshire Dales"
- "Beauty in the eye of the beholder"
- "Underrated Yorkshire destination"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Knaresborough
- Transportation in Knaresborough
- Restaurants in Knaresborough
- Warnings and Dangers in Knaresborough
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Knaresborough
- 14 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (124)
Have you been to Knaresborough?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Knaresborough
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 292 reviews, 426 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 159 reviews, 337 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brielle Intro, 126 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 129 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Traben-Trarbach Intro, 43 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxembourg Intro, 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madagascar Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cochem Intro, 42 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odense Intro, 45 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 63 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues