"On the way to Yorkshire Dales" Top 5 Page for this destination Knaresborough by ATLC

Knaresborough Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 122 photos

How did we stop here?

On the way to Askrigg we decided to do a short stop in Knaresborough, a lovely town with a castle and great view over the river.
Why Knaresborough? Well, a picture of it was on the front of our road map!

• Last visit to Knaresborough: Apr 2002
  • Intro Written Sep 22, 2002

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2008 at 4:45 AM

visiting yr page here again - relating better since stopping here for lovely photos and chinese meal with a mob of VTers (Suvanki,Poons,Hansi, LoriPori,Suet) after our Halifax VT meet earlier this year!

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2007 at 1:37 PM

I've spent many a Sunday at Knaresborough in the past! I remember playing pitch and putt there as a kid, and hiring a boat on the river, and eating many an ice cream in the sun! :-) It's a fair few years since my last visit - I should make a return soon!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2006 at 6:21 AM

I smiled when you explained why you picked Knaresborough...it's sometimes just a picture on the front of a map, but, how fortunate for you.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2005 at 2:08 AM

Sahme you haven't got more pictures, I really enjoyed the ones you had. Thanks for all the info.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2004 at 10:02 PM

Stunning intro picture. Haha, I discovered many small and unknown places thanks to postcards or pictures I found somewhere...

• msazadi's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2003 at 8:11 AM

I lived here for 7 years and have many happy memories. You make me want to go back!

• Sjalen's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2003 at 7:47 AM

Seems you had a lot of time on your short stop! :-) Could be Yorkshire's friendliest town.

• truus_s's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2002 at 1:51 AM

hoi!this is a beautifull photo from the castle!!groeten truus

ATLC

“The notion that the world is round makes me feel quite giddy! (quote Miss Matty, Cranford)”

Badges & Stats in Knaresborough

Have you been to Knaresborough?

Latest Activity in Knaresborough