"Jugendstil on the Mosel river" Top 5 Page for this destination Traben-Trarbach by ATLC

Traben-Trarbach Travel Guide: 125 reviews and 410 photos

Jugendstil walk

In the Off the Beaten Path tips I describe all the sights that are laid out in the Jugendstil walk. And also a few more details here and there that didn't make it to the 11 highlights.

Thanks to free internet in my room in the Jugendstil Bellevue hotel, I can make a start writing this page while I'm here.
With 3 nights in a luxury junior suite, this is a great base to explore up and down the river Mosel.
You will find many photo's of this hotel on the page because it is not only superb accommodation, it is also a Must See in its own right (Jugendstil architecture) and has a great restaurant.

The attraction of Traben-Trarbach

When along a river, every village is a tourist attraction, which do you choose for your stay? Traben-Trarbach, the double city (Traben on the north bank and Trarbach on the south bank) is definitely a good choice. It has a history of wealth and was once the 2nd winetrading center in Europe. Disaster (fire) was turned into assett (rebuilding in the Jugendstil style around 1900).
Yet Traben-Trarbach is not as touristy as for instance Cochem or Bernkastel-Kues that have countless people wandering about shops with cheap souvenirs. Maybe not cheap souvenirs, but definitely stalled out with no regard for the wonderful architecture around.
So, choose Traben-Trarbach!

• Last visit to Traben-Trarbach: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated Sep 9, 2007

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Lovely, interesting pages. I always enjoy a town when I can follow a walk with a brochure telling me about the sights, I think you get to see the best this way. Thought the Grave of Oskar Haussmann was done lovely.

• Feb 12, 2009 at 2:29 PM

When I was in the USAF, I used to live in an apartment in the Huesgen warehouse next door. In one of the rooms of my apartment , I could open a "window" that was actually into the warehouse area where the wines were kept before being shipped out.

• Jun 25, 2008 at 3:31 PM

how can I purchase a bottle of this wine?

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2008 at 2:47 PM

Well done, straight to the top 5!! All the best. Hi just popping by again to look at all this lovely architecture!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2008 at 1:23 AM

Wow, I didn't know that Traben-Trarbach has that many Jugendstil houses :-) Thanks for the virtual walk :-)) Rheinland-Pfalz is famous for very friendly people, that's why I like the state. Oh, and the Kitt'che sounds like fun :-))

• RhineRoll's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2007 at 2:14 AM

wow... not been to TT yet, this needs to be fixed soon, very soon!

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2007 at 12:02 PM

What a wonderful page - loved the photos, the architecture, the lampposts, and especially the bridge. Email to follow. N.

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2007 at 4:24 AM

You showed me a completely new side of Traben-Trarbach. I'm just preparing a Jugendstil walk in Darmstadt, so this was very interesting! Thank you!!

• diocletianvs's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2007 at 10:58 PM

Seems like Mr. Moehring was quite busy in this little town. In a half-whispering tone I must admit I really enjoyed this architectural tour.

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2007 at 3:09 AM

The Jugenstil Walk looks very intersting! All those beautiful old houses!

ATLC

“The notion that the world is round makes me feel quite giddy! (quote Miss Matty, Cranford)”

Badges & Stats in Traben-Trarbach

Have you been to Traben-Trarbach?

Latest Activity in Traben-Trarbach