"Jugendstil on the Mosel river" Top 5 Page for this destination Traben-Trarbach by ATLC
Traben-Trarbach Travel Guide: 125 reviews and 410 photos
In the Off the Beaten Path tips I describe all the sights that are laid out in the Jugendstil walk. And also a few more details here and there that didn't make it to the 11 highlights.
Thanks to free internet in my room in the Jugendstil Bellevue hotel, I can make a start writing this page while I'm here.
With 3 nights in a luxury junior suite, this is a great base to explore up and down the river Mosel.
You will find many photo's of this hotel on the page because it is not only superb accommodation, it is also a Must See in its own right (Jugendstil architecture) and has a great restaurant.
When along a river, every village is a tourist attraction, which do you choose for your stay? Traben-Trarbach, the double city (Traben on the north bank and Trarbach on the south bank) is definitely a good choice. It has a history of wealth and was once the 2nd winetrading center in Europe. Disaster (fire) was turned into assett (rebuilding in the Jugendstil style around 1900).
Yet Traben-Trarbach is not as touristy as for instance Cochem or Bernkastel-Kues that have countless people wandering about shops with cheap souvenirs. Maybe not cheap souvenirs, but definitely stalled out with no regard for the wonderful architecture around.
So, choose Traben-Trarbach!
I'm writing this tip because this hotel is the sister hotel of Hotel Bellevue (exactly, the one I am gushing about on... more travel advice
It took us quite a while to walk to 10 and 11 of the Jugendstil walk. Only to find there was very little to see. See... more travel advice
- See All Club
- See All High water
- See All Market
- See All Mittelmosel museum
ATLC's Related Pages
Traben-Trarbach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jugendstil on the Mosel river"
- "LOVELY TOWN ON THE MOSEL RIVER"
- "Traben-Trarbach -- The heart of Mosel Wine Country"
- "A Tiny Jewel in the Middle Mosel"
- "Welcome to the beautiful Mosel valley"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Traben-Trarbach
- Hotels in Traben-Trarbach
- Transportation in Traben-Trarbach
- Nightlife in Traben-Trarbach
- Restaurants in Traben-Trarbach
- Shopping in Traben-Trarbach
- Warnings and Dangers in Traben-Trarbach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Traben-Trarbach
- 43 Reviews
- 142 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (124)
Have you been to Traben-Trarbach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Traben-Trarbach
- Posted in Travel Amsterdam Forum "Re: A Walk Around de Pijp"
- Wrote a Review A cheaper option to Hotel Bellevue in Traben-Trarbach Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "A cheaper option to Hotel Bellevue"
- updated a Traben-Trarbach Travelogue "Graveyard"
- Commented on one of desisnards's Traben-Trarbach travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 292 reviews, 426 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 159 reviews, 337 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brielle Intro, 126 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 129 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Traben-Trarbach Intro, 43 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxembourg Intro, 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madagascar Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cochem Intro, 42 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odense Intro, 45 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 63 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues