"Drenthe" Top 5 Page for this destination Provincie Drenthe by ATLC

Provincie Drenthe Travel Guide: 615 reviews and 1,895 photos

An undervaluated province

From the motorway Drenthe looks flat, empty and a little boring.
Not!
Just take the little roads and find yourself in old villages born from peat digging or even prehistorical graves called Hunebedden.
There's plenty to do for children (Traffic park in Assen, one of the world's finest zoo's in Emmen and much more).

Have a look at my tips.

I visit often

Since my best friend lives in Meppel I have spent a lot of time in Drenthe over the last years. Mostly I hardly have time to go out and explore, since there is always so much to chat about and play around with the kiddies.

I've put all the places in Drenthe in the To Do tips here, with a personal recommendation from myself that it's a delightful province with beautiful rural areas.

• Last visit to Provincie Drenthe: Aug 2010
  • Intro Updated Aug 10, 2010

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2011 at 1:03 PM

A nice overview page on the province of Drenthe, which I see goes almost all the way up to Groningen, but not quite. I've been meaning to visit Groningen because it has such a great reputation as a bicycle city.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2008 at 10:34 AM

Still smiling about the "fake art" museum. I would love to see that. A really nice combination of small places close together and convenient to visit. Love the rural environment.

• unaS's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2008 at 4:52 AM

You make Drenthe sound like *exactly* the kind of place that I most love to visit!

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2008 at 11:33 AM

I'm getting my maps out -- sounds so interesting with lots to see. Thanks. Hope you are well.

• craic's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2003 at 9:46 PM

Td! Always making with the camera. But your pics are lovely. I struggle with mine. Scanning and re scanning. And the boy won't help me!

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2003 at 10:08 PM

Sounds like a lovely place... would have liked to see a lot more here... Thanks AT..

ATLC Visits Here Frequently!

ATLC

“The notion that the world is round makes me feel quite giddy! (quote Miss Matty, Cranford)”

Badges & Stats in Provincie Drenthe

Have you been to Provincie Drenthe?

Latest Activity in Provincie Drenthe