Chenonceau Hotel Tips by ATLC
Chenonceau Hotels: 8 reviews and 11 photos
Hotel du Roy, Chenonceau
Don't be mistaken, this is not a hostel. It is a family hotel in the center of the small village of Chenonceau. It is member of the Logis de France group.
There are 32 rooms, from double to 5 persons. A double room costs 41-48 € in 2007. Breakfast is € 7,50.
Unique Qualities: Our welcome was very friendly. We were allowed to choose from 2 or 3 rooms. We choose one at the back of the hotel on the first floor. A mediumsized room and a very large bathroom with bath and handheld shower, basin and toilet. It was right above the kitchen and sometimes nice smells wafted in. Also handy: the bathroom had a tall cupboard which was great for putting out all your toiletries, instead of having to fumble in your toilet bag all the time.
Down the corridor there was a large lounge with another upstairs to the top floor. It was a homey lounge, you could take your drink up there, have a smoke, and use any of the games and books available.
During our 2-night stay we mostly enjoyed the garden (see restaurant tip), which you entered by walking through the large restaurant area. Private parking (free) was only just 40 m. away. Also, you can walk 10 minutes to reach the famous Chenonceau castle.
The staff were very friendly and helpful all throughout our stay. We ate dinner twice here.
Address: 9 Rue Bretonneau, Chenonceaux 37150
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: In the center of the village, on a corner. There's a small rail station at 5 minutes walk from the hotel.
Phone: 02 47 23 90 17
More Reviews (6)
ATLC's Related Pages
Chenonceau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ladies Castle"
- "Chenonceau: With an ‘X’ and Without One."
- "Chenonceaux - Chateau of the Dames"
- "The most feminine of castles"
- "Moscow - Chenonceau"
- "Chenonceaux Palais sur le Cher"
- "Chenonceau has the most beautiful castle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chenonceau
- Hotels in Chenonceau
- Transportation in Chenonceau
- Nightlife in Chenonceau
- Restaurants in Chenonceau
- Warnings and Dangers in Chenonceau
- See All...
Explore the World
- Comfort Inn & Suites Baltimore
- Schooner Motel
- The Grand Lucayan
- Kingsgate Resort
- Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Los Angeles
- Peabody Hotel
- South America Grand Hotel
- Apart Hotel Las Americas Lima
- Forbes Terrace Hotel
- Hotel des Chevaliers
- Baymont Inn And Suites Nashville Whitebridge
- Fragrance Hotel Bugis
- Bluewater Resort
- TOILENA room & board
Badges & Stats in Chenonceau
- 7 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (132)
Have you been to Chenonceau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chenonceau
- Posted in Travel Strasbourg Forum "Re: Strasbourg or Colmar New..."
- Commented on one of Caddy's Chenonceau travel pages
- Wrote a Review Romantic walk by night in Chenonceau Nightlife
- Uploaded a Photo to "Romantic walk by night"
- created a Chenonceau Travel Page "Chenonceau has the most beautiful castle"
Photos in ChenonceauSee All Photos (16)
Read real reviews about Chenonceau Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 291 reviews, 424 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 159 reviews, 337 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brielle Intro, 126 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 129 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Traben-Trarbach Intro, 43 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxembourg Intro, 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madagascar Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cochem Intro, 42 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odense Intro, 45 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 62 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues