"A mighty impressive abbey" Fontevrault-l'Abbaye by ATLC
Fontevrault-l'Abbaye Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 88 photos
I searched and searched for this destination on the VT database, because in Michelin (the foremost French cartographer, amongst other things _like car tyres_hahaha) it shows up as 49590 Fontevraud-l'Abbaye . Which is a different spelling.
My trick? I looked up a tiny village nearby, which was Montsoreau and then checked all its locations nearby. And there it was!
A lot of VT members have visited this great abbey but put their tips on their Angers page. So if you're looking for more information, do a Keyword search for Fontevraud Abbaye and you'll get some returns.
The abbey is mindblowing. It really is. For its sheer history of 900 years, the famous kings and queens that are connected to it, the architecture, and the great Romanesque kitchen that was my main reason for visiting.
It's been a while and I've taken too long to put up this page. Hopefully I can recover my memories of the many photos that I took there.
In the Things to Do category, you can take a walk with me through the abbey.
Click here to start...
I didn't stay here but as I was having lunch here I noticed this is also a hotel. The website looks beautiful, so I... more travel advice
There is no consensus on the spelling here. That is why many tips on Fontevrault-l'Abbaye ended up on other VT pages... more travel advice
ATLC's Related Pages
Fontevrault-l'Abbaye Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A mighty impressive abbey"
- "Fontevraud Abbey"
- "The Burial Place of the Plantagenets"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fontevrault-l'Abbaye
- Hotels in Fontevrault-l'Abbaye
- Transportation in Fontevrault-l'Abbaye
- Restaurants in Fontevrault-l'Abbaye
- Shopping in Fontevrault-l'Abbaye
- Warnings and Dangers in Fontevrault-l'Abbaye
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fontevrault-l'Abbaye
- 18 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (123)
Have you been to Fontevrault-l'Abbaye?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fontevrault-l'Abbaye
- Posted in Travel Amsterdam Forum "Re: A Walk Around de Pijp"
- updated a Fontevrault-l'Abbaye Travel Page "A mighty impressive abbey"
- Wrote a Review Looks like a nice place to spend... in Fontevrault-l'Abbaye Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Looks like a nice place to spend the night!"
- Commented on one of hquittner's Fontevrault-l'Abbaye travel pages
Photos in Fontevrault-l'AbbayeSee All Photos (51)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 292 reviews, 426 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 159 reviews, 337 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brielle Intro, 126 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 129 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Traben-Trarbach Intro, 43 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxembourg Intro, 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madagascar Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cochem Intro, 42 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odense Intro, 45 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 63 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues