"Paris always charms you" Paris by ATLC

Paris Travel Guide: 22,631 reviews and 55,575 photos

Paris, the city one wishes one could visit every year, if only for a weekend...

My experience in Paris spans about 25 years from my first visit. Alas, my Paris page hardly reflects that! I am trying to make up for it by making more photos each time I visit. On the other hand, there is little that is not described in the hundreds of VT pages about Paris.

My favourite museum in France is the Museum of Modern Art, closely followed by Musée Rodin.
VT member oneonta has a tr avelogue about it.

Somehow I find myself answering more and more questions in the Paris forum. Especially about transportation and how to explore the city.
Now get your head around the metro because that's your main means of getting from A to B. So I would suggest you visit my Transportation tips first, as well as those on the general VT Paris page.
There's a new exciting bicycle plan in Paris since summer 2007. Suggest you check that out as well.

Quick overview of tourist highlights: click here

I like the street life best, in Paris. There is so much liveliness going on at all hours. That's why I have chosen people photos for 2 out of 3 photos allowed on this main page. People having dinner on the pavement in front of the restaurant is such a common sight. Or some street theatre...

• Last visit to Paris: Jul 2006
  • Intro Updated Aug 2, 2008

ATLC

“The notion that the world is round makes me feel quite giddy! (quote Miss Matty, Cranford)”

Badges & Stats in Paris