"Rouen" Top 5 Page for this destination Rouen by ATLC
Rouen Travel Guide: 461 reviews and 1,185 photos
A short visit to Rouen took place in the weekend of 18-20 May 2002.
I've been before but that was on the way to Bordeaux and Biarritz. This was a slightly longer visit.
It's just impossible to capture a complete image of Rouen.
But there are loads of my own photo's in the travelogues.
Please walk the city walk with me, virtually, through my travelogues.
Photo: Note that precious look on the little boys face! Everytime he came round he turned his head around to look for his parents. He looked so serious! I waited a long time and finally clicked at the right moment, just before he turned around again!
The reason for this trip was a conference in Laval, some 300 km. south of Rouen. So us three girls drove to Rouen on Saturday, after the conference, where we were to meet up with our husbands who'd travelled down from the Netherlands separately. Arriving in Rouen, we got them on the mobile phone so they could direct us to the parking garage in the center of town. I got an eery feeling whilst driving through the streets and arriving at Place Vieux Marché. Why? I'd chosen Rouen for the remainder of our long weekend because I thought we'd like it. But when I arrived, I slowly realised I'd been there before already! Some years before on a Normandy holiday. I felt so silly!
But it was great to see all the beautiful sights again.
The Must See tips are highlights from the travelogues. The travelogues describe a detailed walk through the historical center of Rouen.
I found an interesting webpage (in Dutch) from an institution that offers online education. In this case for students learning French. To my surprise I was mentioned there.
- Pros:everything is within walking distance
Painted by Dutch master Johannes Bosboom in 1839, this painting hangs in the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam. To study it more... more travel advice
And along Rue Martainville we came to the cloisters of St. Maclou. This 16c place is one of the last remaining examples... more travel advice
ATLC's Related Pages
Rouen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rouen : both a modern and a medieval city."
- "Fantastic Rouen"
- "See the Flamboyant Gothic Churches"
- "ROUEN - CAPITAL OF NORMANDY"
- "My Rouen Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rouen
- Hotels in Rouen
- Transportation in Rouen
- Nightlife in Rouen
- Restaurants in Rouen
- Shopping in Rouen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rouen
- 21 Reviews
- 72 Photos
- 23 Forum posts
- 48 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (115)
Have you been to Rouen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rouen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 292 reviews, 426 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 159 reviews, 337 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brielle Intro, 126 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 129 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Traben-Trarbach Intro, 43 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxembourg Intro, 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madagascar Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cochem Intro, 42 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odense Intro, 45 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 63 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues