"Baking Powder.Who doesn't know Dr. Oetker?" Top 5 Page for this destination Bielefeld by ATLC

Bielefeld Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 99 photos

Bielefeld lies in the Teutoburger Forest where Herrmann fought the Romans and with success.
It is also the town of Dr. August Oetker who developed baking powder which turned into a well know industry of baking products.
It is also the town that I can now add to my list of German locations that I visited!

• Last visit to Bielefeld: Nov 2003
  • Intro Updated Jan 31, 2004

• Apr 23, 2009 at 12:11 PM

Who built the organ?

• y_tsutom's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2008 at 6:29 PM

Hello there, this is the one I told the other day. It made me so curious and excited to visit there. Do you know where it is?

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2007 at 2:19 AM

Your page is proof that Bielefeld really does exist, even though not everyone believes this, LOL. I also know the Mövenpick Hotel, but only the ground floor because I recently did a presentation there in one of the conference rooms.

• diocletianvs's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2004 at 1:32 AM

No Dr.Oetker museum? Hmmm - after seeing all the food (taken with or without flash) I'm thinking about making Dr.Oetker vanilla pudding ;-) Thanks for introducing Bielefeld.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2003 at 1:39 PM

Ha ha, you were shame to take a food picture with a flash but were dare later with the dessert, I wander what you were drinking meanwhile :))

• Procaccini's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2003 at 1:10 AM

Interesting page! I dont know Germany very well...!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2003 at 3:55 PM

Interesting page and many great pictures! Haha, Dr Oetker lived there! I know him... from commercials only - is it my mistake?

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2003 at 1:51 AM

Bielefeld seems like an interesting place...are there any good Bells here? Happy Sinterklaas!

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2003 at 4:40 AM

Great page AT.. This name is also well known here in Australia.. (Dr Oetker) Thanks.. ;-)

• Nov 30, 2003 at 3:19 AM

Thanks AT for sharing all your experiences of your travels. So now we know where Dr Oetker - the famous Dr Oetker- has lived.

ATLC

“The notion that the world is round makes me feel quite giddy! (quote Miss Matty, Cranford)”

Badges & Stats in Bielefeld

Have you been to Bielefeld?

Latest Activity in Bielefeld