"The wonderful diversity of Europe" Europe by ATLC
Europe Travel Guide: 690,716 reviews and 1,844,507 photos
There are so many wonderful countries to visit in Europe. I feel lucky to live here. For me it's easy to go to Belgium, France, Germany and UK by car (and a ferry in the latter case). And there's budget flights these days that make weekends to further away places possible. In the Things to Do tips I lead you around the pages of countries that I've visited in Europe. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
You will find: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Jersey, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK.
National train companies in European countries
There are so many train questions that I decided to add a tip about national train companies in European countries.
The tip is here. Happy railing!
See the Euro coins from the 12 countries at:
There are not many Contintent pages on VT. Except for the USA. Logical, countries are more interesting than continents. But in Europe, something historical is going on and I think this should als be on VT. So I've decided to dedicate this Europe page to the EURO. With the most basic information for anyone travelling to Europe.
Eleven countries decided on January 1st 1999 to accept the Euro as its common currency. Together they are the EMU (Economic and Monetary Union).
Each Euro coin has the same tail, but the heads are different:
Austria - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Belgium - portrait of King Albert
Finland - two swans flying over a lake
France> - a tree, the letters R.F. and the words Liberté, egalité, fraternité
Germany - the German national Eagle
Greece (joined in 2000) - an owl
Ireland - a harp, the national symbol
Italy - the human Vitruvius (drawing by Leonardo da Vinci)
Luxembourg - Henri, son of archduke Jean
The Netherlands - portrait of Queen Beatrix. There is an extensive travelogue with pictures of the "old" national coins and bills on my Netherlands page!
Portugal - seal from the 12th century of the founder of Portugal - King Alfonso Henriques
Spain - King Juan Carlos
Read more in the Euro Travelogue
Euro.nl helped in writing these pages.
Another useful link is Website European Union
Or About the Euro Currency
- Pros:Easy travelling to many countries
- In a nutshell:Europe is compact with an enormous diversity in cultures
Here's very current information about the weather: The rain radar for Europe at www.meteox.eu (or click here. At the... more travel advice
Weather is unpredictable in western Europe. Not like in some other parts of the world where you'll just know it will be... more travel advice
ATLC's Related Pages
Europe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The very BEST places of EUROPE"
- "A-Z of Europe"
- "Travelling through Europe...."
- "Europe, where does it start and finish?"
- "The Little 3d Sister: Europe"
- "A part of Europe I have visited and admired"
- "EUROPE - the old World"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Europe
- Hotels in Europe
- Transportation in Europe
- Nightlife in Europe
- Restaurants in Europe
- Shopping in Europe
- Warnings and Dangers in Europe
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Europe
- 3,624 Reviews
- 6,022 Photos
- 21 Countries
- 300 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (123)
Have you been to Europe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Europe
- Posted in Travel Amsterdam Forum "Re: A Walk Around de Pijp"
- Commented on one of billus's Europe tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Visit The Netherlands! You'll be surprised..."
- Wrote a Review The current weather situation. in Europe Favorites
- updated a Europe Travel Page "The wonderful diversity of Europe"
Videos in EuropeSee All Videos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 292 reviews, 426 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotterdam Intro, 159 reviews, 337 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brielle Intro, 126 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 129 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Traben-Trarbach Intro, 43 reviews, 142 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxembourg Intro, 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madagascar Intro, 53 reviews, 107 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cochem Intro, 42 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Odense Intro, 45 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 63 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues