"ShanMonster's new Moncton Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Moncton by ShanMonster
Moncton Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 90 photos
I used to live in Moncton for a few years.
I don't find it's the prettiest place to live. The Petitcodiac River, colloquially known as the Chocolate River, runs through Moncton, and looks more like fecal matter than chocolate.
However, there is beauty if you know where to look for it. The downtown area has been revitalized, and is beginning to look rather nice. Moncton also has an attractive urban skyline, and a vital arts scene. Be on the lookout for frequent cultural events, and make sure you check out the thriving belly dance scene. It's one of Moncton's hidden treasures.
Centennial Park is a nice place to go to commune with nature, as is nearby, and dreadfully fantastic Fundy National Park. Fundy Park must be one of the most beautiful places in the entire world.
In Sussex, right beside the highway headed toward the mountain, there is an emu ranch. The owners were very friendly and... more travel advice
If you're going to go shopping in Moncton, Champlain Mall is the biggest shopping centre in the province. I'm not a mall... more travel advice
ShanMonster's Related Pages
Moncton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Moncton, New Brunswick"
- "ShanMonster's new Moncton Page"
- "Moncton - My working vacation"
- "Monkeytown as we call it!"
- "Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada"
- "LeighAnne's new Moncton Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Moncton
- Hotels in Moncton
- Transportation in Moncton
- Nightlife in Moncton
- Restaurants in Moncton
- Shopping in Moncton
- Warnings and Dangers in Moncton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Moncton
- 8 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Moncton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Moncton
Photos in MonctonSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moncton Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Fredericton Intro, 7 reviews, 2 photos
- Dominican Republic Intro, 6 reviews, 2 photos
- Canada Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Ottawa 3 reviews
- Charlottetown Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Bangor Intro, 2 reviews, 5 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 1 review
- Montreal Intro, 1 photo
- Quebec Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.