"Underbara Sverige" Sweden by SwedeSarah
Sweden Travel Guide: 12,193 reviews and 30,216 photos
I often complain about Sweden, that it's a boring place and not so amazing as others seem to think. But it is a great country and I think I realize that I'm wrong when I get home from a trip. I love the west coast in the summer with the wonderful blue sea and the barren rocks. Winter is also wonderful with the sun shining on the snow. We have many excellent musicians, athletes, actors, etc. Sweden is one of the most peaceful and enviromently friendly countries. Why shouldn't I love Sweden? :)
There are also many false myths about Sweden and I thought I'd take the opportunity to correct them. We are not all blonde with blue eyes cause there's a big mix of different people. We're not vikings either as they lived 1000 years ago. We don't all drive Volvos, eat meatballs and listen to ABBA. We do have summers too, cause this is Sweden, not the North Pole. The "Good luck Sven" girls NOR the Swedish Bikini Team exsist for real, (except for a "Sven girl" who went to my school, haha) they are just trying to rip off money off of people who believe the previous statements!
- Pros:Beautiful, peaceful, nice nature, excellent social system, low crime
- Cons:A bit expensive, too little things to do, reserved Swedes, small cities
- In a nutshell:A nice, beautiful, relaxing place
In and around Tanumshede, there are some places with rock carvings. There is the Vitlycke museum. I've just been outside... more travel advice
It is taken when you've completed 3 years at the gymnasiet school (year 10-12). Everyone wears special white hats, the... more travel advice
SwedeSarah's Related Pages
Sweden Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Sweden!"
- "It's in my blood"
- "Sverige - beautiful all year round :-)))"
- "Sweden - Sverige"
- "Make the right turns when you're here"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sweden
- Hotels in Sweden
- Transportation in Sweden
- Nightlife in Sweden
- Restaurants in Sweden
- Shopping in Sweden
- Warnings and Dangers in Sweden
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sweden
- 16 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Sweden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sweden
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 18 reviews, 16 photos
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Desenzano Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Portsmouth Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Sweden Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Lago di Garda Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Göteborg Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Norway Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos