"Underbara Sverige" Sweden by SwedeSarah

Sweden Travel Guide: 12,126 reviews and 30,292 photos

I often complain about Sweden, that it's a boring place and not so amazing as others seem to think. But it is a great country and I think I realize that I'm wrong when I get home from a trip. I love the west coast in the summer with the wonderful blue sea and the barren rocks. Winter is also wonderful with the sun shining on the snow. We have many excellent musicians, athletes, actors, etc. Sweden is one of the most peaceful and enviromently friendly countries. Why shouldn't I love Sweden? :)

There are also many false myths about Sweden and I thought I'd take the opportunity to correct them. We are not all blonde with blue eyes cause there's a big mix of different people. We're not vikings either as they lived 1000 years ago. We don't all drive Volvos, eat meatballs and listen to ABBA. We do have summers too, cause this is Sweden, not the North Pole. The "Good luck Sven" girls NOR the Swedish Bikini Team exsist for real, (except for a "Sven girl" who went to my school, haha) they are just trying to rip off money off of people who believe the previous statements!

• Pros:Beautiful, peaceful, nice nature, excellent social system, low crime
  • Cons:A bit expensive, too little things to do, reserved Swedes, small cities
  • In a nutshell:A nice, beautiful, relaxing place
  • Intro Updated May 23, 2004

SwedeSarah Used To Live Here!

SwedeSarah

“The world is around the corner”

Badges & Stats in Sweden