"DoreenY Vritual Space" doreeny's Profile

Part 5 : 2009

2008 had been an exciting year!

After our wedding in March 2008, we immediately set off for our 1st honeymoon trip to Japan. It was romantic trip as we visited a ski resort in Iwate, famous onsen village in Kusatsu, bustling city in Sendai, scenic Hakone and a short stay in Tokyo to catch up with our Japanese friends. Oh, how we missed the yummy & fresh Japanese food!

Our 2nd honeymoon trip was to USA in June 2008 and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves on the road trip from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, Yosemite, San Francisco and Los Angeles -- beautiful beautiful scenery! We experienced some heart-stopping moments when our car almost ran out of gas in the desert and when we drove through thick smoke from a mountain on fire! Very happy to meet up with my friend Wally who warmly welcome us to stay at his lovely place in Mill Valley.

Our 3rd honeymoon trip was a short getaway to Koh Samui, Thailand in August 2008 for snorkeling, island hopping & ATV adventure.

Our plan for 4th honeymoon trip to Japan in November 2008 to attend my good friend's traditional Japanese wedding (and run a cool climate race at Yokosuka Seaside Half-Marathon) was canceled unexpectedly -- a pleasant surprise by the discovery of the "fruit" of our love :) If everything goes well, our "fruit" of love will join us in mid May 2009 :)

Running and travelling will take a back seat. Till we next travel, hope you continue enjoy the beauty of travelling!

Part 4 : 2008

Juz round off 2007 with a marathon in Chiang Mai and welcome 2008 with spectacular fireworks @ Thapae Gate! Next on our running agenda is GE 30km race in KL on Jan 20.

Part 3 : 2007

2006 juz whisked by... the year was dominated by running -- re-discovered my passion for running in May and took part in many races local and overseas... Most memorable was completing my first sub4 marathon in Dec :) The year ended with a superb ski holiday in Hokkaido -- took tons of pics but yet to upload to my online album...

2007 started off with a 30km race in KL. Followed by a splendid run at Nagano Marathon in April -- weather was bright & sunny, superb support that lined the entire route & cheering their hearts out, breathtaking scenery of Japan alps, paddy fields and sakura bloom! And a short & sweet short 4D3N trip to Taipei in July.

Part 2 : 2006

2006 will be a busy year as usual -- busy with travelling :) Still hoping to make a final ski trip before the snow is gone for the northern hemisphere winter...

Have been travelling during the festive seasons of Xmas, New Year and Chinese New Year... Finally find time to take a "break" from holidays -- will update my snow adventure (Furano, Hokkaido) in Dec `05, sun & sea adventure (Bintan, Indonesia) and rockclimb & sea-kayak adventure (Krabi, Thailand) in Jan `06 soon....

Updated with travelogue for my Furano ski trip (Furano, Hokkaido, Japan) in Dec `05.

Updated with travelogue and tips for my horse riding trip (Kulai, West Malaysia) in Mar `06.

Updated with travelogue and tips for my makan trip (Melaka, West Malaysia) in Mar `06.

Updated with travelogue for my 2nd Adventure Race (Singapore) in April `06.

Updated with photo album of my first overseas race of the year (Phuket, Thailand) in Jun `06.

Updated with travelogue and tips for my 9D adventure trip (Phuket, Thailand) in Jun `06.

Updated with photo album of my Army Half Marathon (Singapore) in Aug `06.

Updated with photo album of my Phuket Mountain Beach Marathon in October `06 & Singapore Marathon in Dec `06.

2006 CNY gathering @ my place

A friend visited Mt Fuji in Dec `05 and brought back the raw Houtou noodles for me (I had requested for the deep-fried version). Upon request to cook it during Chinese New Year(CNY), I invited my friends to my place to sample this noodle. Houtou is a special noodle from Yamanashi, Japan -- different from the normal fare of ramen, udon and soba found in Japanese restaurant. It is flat and thick(kinda of like `ban mian') and cooked in claypot(nabe) with pumpkin, carrot, mushroom, seafood etc. My Japanese friends were surprised that they can eat Houtou in Singapore -- rarely one can even find that in other parts of Japan!

Part 1 : 2001 - 2005

Welcome! The world is a beautiful place and it is pure joy to be able to experience the life and culture of different countries. Met many wonderful people during my travels and like to share some of my experience.

Just came back from a one-year stinct in USA. Spent a splendid 8-month in Northern California and 4-month in Texas. Have 3 websites that described the different stages of my adventures in CA,TX, FL & NY. Check out my external homepage.

Used to be a frequent visitor to Japan due to work. Plenty of interesting places to visit in Tokyo over the weekends. Thanks to my Japanese colleagues, I tasted all kinds of Japanese cusine.

Other one-time-visit travel are backpacking trips to Nepal, China(Sichuan), Austrialia(Sydney & Tasmania), Sweden(Stockholm & Ovik) and of course Malaysia, Singapore good neighbour. Performance tours(clarinetist) to Taiwan, Japan(Shizuoka), France(Le Harve & Paris), Switzerland(Luzern) and Spain(Valencia). Business trips to China(Shanghai) and Japan(Tokyo, Nagano).

Check out my VT page on my 2-week backpacking trip in Vietnam in Dec '01.

And juz added travelogues for my recent adventures in Singapore(May '02), Indonesia(Jun '02) & Malaysia(Aug '02).

Updated with my adventure to the Pearl of the East(Hong Kong) in Dec '02 & the Land of the rising Sun(Japan) in Feb '03

Updated with travelogues for whitewater kayaking(West Malaysia) in Oct `03 & climbed Mt Kinabalu (East Malaysia) in Dec `03 and ski trip (Hokkaido, Japan) in Jan `04

Updated with travelogues for Canada/USA Ski holiday in Dec `04, East Coast of USA in June `05 and Australia Ski holiday in August `05.

Updated with travelogue for my first Adventure Race (Singapore) in Oct `05.

• Intro Updated Jan 16, 2009

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
doreeny's Profile Photo

doreeny

“Life is a song worth singing :)”

Real Name