"Thessaloniki:The capital of Macedonia" Thessaloniki by athenian80
Thessaloniki Travel Guide: 642 reviews and 1,933 photos
Thessaloniki is the second largest city of Greece and also the capital of Macedonia.It was founded in 315 BC by Kassandros who named it after his wife and half-sister of Alexander the Great's.The city reached its peak time in Byzantine period when it was -along with Constantinople-the most important city of the empire.Several monuments from this period are located around the city.Today,Thessaloniki is a lively metropolis of 1 million residents,famous for its refined cultural life and the best cuisine of the country.The largest University of Greece(and of the Balkans)is situated there and it is named after Aristotle,another great figure from this area and teacher of Alexander the Great...
i shall add more info soon
athenian80's Related Pages
Thessaloniki Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "3 days in Thessaloniki"
- "The Balkan capital of Greece!"
- "The Jewel of the Balkans"
- "Thessaloniki, her White Tower"
- "Yassou Vre"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Thessaloniki
- Hotels in Thessaloniki
- Transportation in Thessaloniki
- Nightlife in Thessaloniki
- Restaurants in Thessaloniki
- Shopping in Thessaloniki
- Warnings and Dangers in Thessaloniki
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Thessaloniki
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Thessaloniki?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Thessaloniki
Photos in ThessalonikiSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Athens Intro, 70 reviews, 118 photos, 5 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rafina Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Crete Island Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bari Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ermoupolis Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Larissa Intro, 3 photos
- Nicosia Intro, 2 photos
- Andros Island Intro, 2 photos
- Venezuela Intro, 1 photo