Amsterdam Transportation Tips by OlafS
Amsterdam Transportation: 872 reviews and 1,055 photos
Amsterdam has quite a big centre, but most of the places the average (and even not-so average) tourists will want to go to are within walking distance from each other. You can use public transport, but if you stay in the centre in many cases you might as well walk. I don't recommend renting a bike if you're not used to riding in a crowded city; Amsterdam is a mess! Only rent a bike when you want to see something of the surrounding area.
Going to Amsterdam by car? Yes, it can be done. Only make sure you don't get into the centre with your vehicle. Once you're in it may take you hours to get out again, if you don't know your way around. And don't even try to find a parking place. For 5,50 euros you can park your car in the Amsterdam Arena parking garage, next to the football stadium. You can leave it there for 24 hours. Then go to the information post and ask for the cheaper public transport rate. They will give you up to two tickets that allow you to use public transport to the centre and back. Use these tickets properly (it's hardly any use staying in this part of the city anyway, unless you want to see the Ajax footballmuseum *YAWN* ) otherwise you will pay 14,50 euros.
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (36)
- See All St. Dominicus church
- Another beer tip
- See All Language
- See All A warning to Jewish people
OlafS's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 38 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 43 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 56 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 38 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 40 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 38 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincie Limburg Intro, 27 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Leuven Intro, 21 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Maastricht Intro, 19 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tilburg Intro, 26 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Den Bosch Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provincie Noord-Brabant Intro, 23 reviews, 20 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (16)
- Red Light District - De Wallen- 151 Reviews, 181 Photos
- Canal Boat Tours- 197 Reviews, 321 Photos
- Anne Frank House- 243 Reviews, 259 Photos
- Sex Museum- 49 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Dam Square- 93 Reviews, 174 Photos
- Van Gogh Museum- 167 Reviews, 180 Photos
- Flower Market - Bloemenmarkt- 68 Reviews, 105 Photos
- Rijksmuseum- 214 Reviews, 361 Photos
- Heineken Brewery- 97 Reviews, 136 Photos
- Madame Tussaud's- 62 Reviews, 124 Photos
See All Amsterdam Things to Do