"Hilversum" Hilversum by OlafS
Hilversum Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 102 photos
Hilversum isn't the most attractive city for tourists in the Netherlands. For architecture lovers however it is interesting. This city was largely shaped and designed by W.M. Dudok, one of the most important Dutch architects of the 20th century, and internationally one of the most famous and respected. You can easily spend a day admiring architecture in this city. I put the emphasis on churches myself. Dudok never built churches, so I can't show much of his work.
(more coming soon)
- Cons:Architecture is just about everything it has
- In a nutshell:For architecture buffs only, but for them it could be great
The is a remarkable building in a neo-Baroque style, designed by P.A. Weeldenburg and built in 1888-1889. Unlike the... more travel advice
OlafS's Related Pages
Hilversum Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hilversum - in the middle of the Netherlands"
- "Hilversum Page"
- "The heart of Dutch Radio & Television"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hilversum
- Hotels in Hilversum
- Transportation in Hilversum
- Restaurants in Hilversum
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hilversum
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Hilversum?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hilversum
Photos in HilversumSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 56 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 38 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 40 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 38 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincie Limburg Intro, 27 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Leuven Intro, 21 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Maastricht Intro, 19 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tilburg Intro, 26 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Den Bosch Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provincie Noord-Brabant Intro, 23 reviews, 20 photos