"Zwolle" Top 5 Page for this destination Zwolle by OlafS

Zwolle Travel Guide: 94 reviews and 314 photos

Like in so many cases my visit to Zwolle was the result of "having to be in the neighbourhood". I always have the camera with me and try to take some time to see city. You cannot get to know a place in a few hours but you can get a first impression. And my first impression of Zwolle was a good one. On this sunny afternoon Zwolle seemed perfect for a walk.

Zwolle is a nice place. Not spectacular but nice. The problem is that it is in the same province as Kampen and Zwolle, the other two towns that once ruled Overijssel, together with Zwolle, and that makes it hard not to compare. To be honest: I rate Kampen and Deventer higher, but everything is relative, isn't it? My preference really says more about Kampen and Deventer than it does about Zwolle. If I didn't know the other two I would actually rate Zwolle quite high. It IS a nice place. And I'm sure I'll be back. In the meantime I've made some tips about some of my favourite sights. Of course there's more to it, but as I said, I was there only for a few hours.

• Intro Updated Sep 10, 2004

Comments

OlafS

“Get lost (and discover!)”

Badges & Stats in Zwolle