"Provincie Groningen" Top 5 Page for this destination Provincie Groningen by OlafS
Provincie Groningen Travel Guide: 877 reviews and 2,600 photos
Only one true city, the rest of the province is mostly filled with villages and lots of agricultural land. Compared to most other provinces in The Netherlands the province of Groningen is relatively uninhabited. Besides the city of Groningen for me the main attraction of this province are the many old village churches, which often represent regional architectural styles or variants of styles. My favourites are listed under Must see activities. I visited some of these church on one day in 2002, and the others on another day in 2003. Next year I hope to spend another day in this province and add more to this list. What struck me was that several of these churches were left open, with no one there to guard them. People here obviously are very honest and they trust others to be so too. I'm afraid one day a person with bad intentions will enter such a church, and I dare not think of what might happen!
Anyway, if you're interested in this sort of thing I'd recommend you to take a tour by car or bicycle. Public transport won't get you very far.
In this province you can find a type opf church you won't find anywhere else in this country, although just over the... more travel advice
A church in early-Romanogothic style with freestanding tower. This is an absolute beauty. In general shape it's very... more travel advice
OlafS's Related Pages
Provincie Groningen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The province of Groningen"
- "Provincie Groningen"
- "Groningen, the upper best"
- "Cycling around in the province of Groningen"
- "Top of the Netherlands!"
- "Pictures of Groningen city"
- "Groningen, rural countryside"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Provincie Groningen
- Hotels in Provincie Groningen
- Transportation in Provincie Groningen
- Nightlife in Provincie Groningen
- Restaurants in Provincie Groningen
- Shopping in Provincie Groningen
- Warnings and Dangers in Provincie Groningen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Provincie Groningen
- 20 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Provincie Groningen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Provincie Groningen
Photos in Provincie GroningenSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 56 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 38 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 40 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 38 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincie Limburg Intro, 27 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Leuven Intro, 21 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Maastricht Intro, 19 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tilburg Intro, 26 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Den Bosch Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provincie Noord-Brabant Intro, 23 reviews, 20 photos