"Cape May" Cape May by rossandkelli
Cape May Travel Guide: 291 reviews and 535 photos
Ahhh, how I love Cape May!! It is a wonderful city, the southern most of New Jersey. Cape May is a Victorian town with hold victorian homes lining the streets. They do not allow chain restaurants (historical)so you will not find a Taco Bell or MacDonalads anywhere. It is a historic city so they wanted to keep it as original as possible. It is full of B&B's, little cafe's and shops!
It is small enough to be quaint and romantic but large enough to have enough to keep you busy.
Picturesque Cape May holds the distinction of being the oldest seashore resort in the United States and one of the most unique. Stretching 20 miles out to sea, this oasis of ambiance is a refuge from the hectic 20th century American lifestyle. It is a place to relax, to enjoy the Atlantic Ocean, the city's charming Mall, and most of all, to view the largest collection of authentic Victorian structures in the nation.
Cape May is rich in history. Among its famous visitors have been Maestro John Philip Sousa; circus impresario P.T. Barnum; Civil War Generals Robert E. Lee and William Sherman; Abe Lincoln before becoming president; Presidents James Buchanan, Franklin Pierce, Ulysses S. Grant and Benjamin Harrison.
This B&B... Hotels (5)
Angel of the Sea This B&B offers accomodations and tours. If you are visiting Cape May around Christmas, take a tour of... more travel advice
- See All Rent a bike and ride around...
- You have to buy a 'beach...
- Nothing that I can think of!
rossandkelli's Related Pages
Cape May Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VICTORIAN CAPE MAY"
- "A week by the sea"
- "A STEP BACK IN TIME"
- "Welcome to Cape May NJ"
- "The town of no milkshakes!"
- "SURFIN7TH's new Cape May Page"
- "Very Victorian Cape May"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cape May
- Hotels in Cape May
- Transportation in Cape May
- Nightlife in Cape May
- Restaurants in Cape May
- Shopping in Cape May
- Warnings and Dangers in Cape May
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cape May
- 22 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Cape May?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cape May
Photos in Cape MaySee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Hana Intro, 24 reviews, 22 photos
- Michigan Intro, 22 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cape May Intro, 22 reviews, 9 photos
- Tecumseh Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Key West Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos
- Mackinac Island Intro, 12 reviews, 6 photos
- Acapulco Intro, 9 reviews, 5 photos
- Sandusky Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Charlevoix Intro, 10 reviews, 3 photos
- Pennsylvania Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos