"Maui - Valley Isle" Top 5 Page for this destination Hana by rossandkelli

Hana Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 323 photos

"And wherever [the native Hawaiian] went he said 'Aloha' in meeting or in parting. 'Aloha' was a recognition of life in another. If there was life there was mana, goodness and wisdom, and if there was goodness and wisdom there was a god-quality.

One had to recognize the 'god of life' in another before saying 'Aloha,'but this was easy. Life was everywhere-- in the trees, the flowers, the ocean, the fish, the birds, the pili grass, the rainbow, the rock--in all the world was life--was god--was Aloha.
Aloha in its gaiety, joy, happiness, abundance.

Because of Aloha, one gave without thought of return; because of Aloha, one had mana. Aloha had its own mana. It never left the giver but flowed freely and continuously between giver and receiver. 'Aloha' could not be thoughtlessly or indiscriminately spoken, for it carried its own power. No Hawaiian could greet another with 'Aloha' unless he felt it in his own heart. If he felt anger or hate in his heart he had to cleanse himself before he said 'Aloha'. " Helena G. Allen, The Betrayal of Liliuokalani, Last Queen of Hawaii,1838-1917. (Mutual Publishing: Honolulu, 1982.

I will soon be posting all about our fabulous and amazing visit to the Valley Isle.

Maui No Ka 'Oi - Maui is the Best!

Mahalo (Thanks) for Visiting!

PS - This is a picture I took, amazing isn't it?

• Last visit to Hana: Feb 2002
  • Intro Written Sep 11, 2002

• Oct 24, 2009 at 8:22 AM

As owner of Maui Cruisers I want to apologize to Ross and Kelli for their unhappy experience with my company. This experience occurred seven years ago and the employee responsible has been gone about that long.

• Jun 25, 2009 at 6:08 PM

My experience with Maui Cruisers was great. I got picked up at the airport which was great. The car was not brand new, which is exactly what I wanted and expected. The owner was nice and really funny. It was a pleasure doing business. Great experience!

• Oct 16, 2008 at 8:06 PM

Maui cruisers car allowed us to drive places that the other car rental places have black listed. Sounds like you missed some of the best parts of Maui!

• Aug 17, 2008 at 9:47 PM

I disagree. What Paul rents are cheap cars. He makes no other claims. We rented a Sentra for a month and had a great time.BTW we stayed at the Masters at Kaanapali a gated community, and they didn't care what we drove,Graham Pelletier....a happy customer.

• Oct 25, 2004 at 8:17 PM

I COMPLETELY AGREE!!! MAUI CRUISERS WAS TERRIBLE!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS

• May 14, 2004 at 5:23 AM

Sweet photos!

• Apr 4, 2003 at 4:55 AM

Excellant page..with nice phtographs and lots of useful information..Highly useful to a traveller.Superb Work

• tak_pap's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2003 at 1:57 AM

beautiful site / Happy Birthday !

• brazilnut30's Profile Photo