"Bocas del Toro" Top 5 Page for this destination Bocas del Toro by jujub

Bocas del Toro Travel Guide: 176 reviews and 375 photos

Playa Bluff

No sand-flies here! It costs $16 round trip taxi ride (try to get a group together), or you can rent a bike and pedal your way here, but be careful: the dirt road is craterland!

We paid the cab driver full price, they will not take just one-way, and he said he would come back to pick us up at any time. We were a little hesitant, vulnerable really, but the taxi did come back exactly at 6:30pm. He said because the beach is very out-of-the-way, the taxi drivers will charge the round trip ahead, so that you won't leave earlier than the combined time with another driver. Makes sense.

The current is very strong at this beach, and not suitable for swimming. You might encounter some surfers in this area.

Canoes

One of the means of transportation is the canoe. Most people get around with motorized boats, but you will see an occasional canoe or two.

Haircut, anyone?

I just thought this barbershop was great, especially the drawings on the outside!~

• Last visit to Bocas del Toro: Mar 2004
  • Intro Updated Aug 10, 2004

• metteks's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2005 at 12:17 PM

Great tips on Bocas del Toro; a place in Panama, that I liked very much. I wonder why more tourists haven't found this great place.

• bluebug's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2005 at 12:50 AM

Hi, I'm headed to Bocas "town" in December. You're pages were great . You say your airfare was almost nothing, so I'm wondering what airline you took and when.. Thanks for your time..

jujub

“Ship me somewhere... anywhere....”

Badges & Stats in Bocas del Toro

Have you been to Bocas del Toro?

Latest Activity in Bocas del Toro