"Isla Carenero" Cayo Carenero by jujub
Cayo Carenero Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 4 photos
Isla Carenero is just a hop away from Bocas del Toro. If you are a good swimmer, you could probably swim from Bocas to Careneros, but it's not recommended due to the heavy boat traffic (you know, chopped head...).
Due to its proximity to Bocas del Toro, there has been some development on this island as well. You can get to Careneros by hopping on a boat for $1 and a super short ride (less than 5 minutes).
We heard that there was a wonderful seafood restaurant there, but unfortunately, when we went there, the restaurant was closed. So, if you are going to Careneros to dine, please call ahead to make sure they are open. =)
You can sunbathe at the pier -- the beach near the pier is rather small, so just make camp at the pier, but make sure you leave some space for passing foot traffic.
To get back to Bocas, you can just flag down a passing boat; or many times, they will slow down and ask if you need a ride.
The water near the pier is nice, calm, and very shallow, but lots of sea grass. Lots. Don't forget bug repellent -- sand flies abound, especially when the sun starts to set!
jujub's Related Pages
Cayo Carenero Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cayo Carenero
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Cayo Carenero?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cayo Carenero
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 27 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bocas del Toro Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Vienna Intro, 18 reviews, 18 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 18 reviews, 16 photos
- San Ignacio Intro, 4 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Province of Quebec Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Seoul Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Lao Chai Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Petrified Forest National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salzburg Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos