"Viva Las Vegas" Las Vegas by Beach_dog

Las Vegas Travel Guide: 8,464 reviews and 17,454 photos

<style>TD,P,body {COLOR: violet ; FONT-FAMILY: verdana; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; TEXT-DECORATION: none}</style>

<font color="red"><font size="4">Six months ago I would not have dreamed of going to Las Vegas, I just did not think it would appeal to me. A few friends who had been kept recommending it, so when I was given the opportunity, I thought I had to give it a try.

I'm so glad I did, its not all about gambling, I only gambled about $20 in the four days I was there. The place was so entertaining, with some unbelievable sights. I could have spent another week just wandering the hotels, the scale and decorations are beyond belief. Each hotel is like a small town. There are free shows put on at most hotels at regular intervals and each hotel follows a different theme. The lights on the strip at night are also well worth seeing.

In retrospect its like Disneyland for Adults, I know I will go back at the first opportunity... perhaps next time to get married ;o)</font>

<font color="red"><font size="5">More photographs in my <a href="/m/.178187/article/441/4/?s=R">Travelogue</a></p></font>

• Last visit to Las Vegas: Jan 2002
  • Intro Updated Feb 22, 2004

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2006 at 6:49 PM

Stace, nice pages on Las Vegas. It is a town that always changes & you are right in saying it is an adult Disneyland! I would love to do a trip here with Hans--wouldn't that be a riot (literally?)

• ZanieOR's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2005 at 2:03 PM

Once I stayed in a Las Vegas room that seemed a million miles from the elevator after a long day walking ... Now I always ask for one close to the elevator.

• kymbanm's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2005 at 11:58 PM

Looking for your take on Verona ... but ended up in Vegas :)

• Djinn76's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2005 at 3:21 PM

This city looks completely crazy!! Should have lots of fun....

• Carmela71's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2003 at 12:25 AM

never interested in las vegas, but lately I became more and more curioss lol Who knows maybe... one day.. isnt it?

• dila's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2003 at 8:24 AM

good tip about the hotel.we will spend two night in las vegas. nice pictures

• Waoife's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2002 at 7:49 AM

Great photos!

• Zoe_bcn's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2002 at 4:01 AM

very nice pics!!! really!

• La_Holandesa's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2002 at 2:22 AM

Is HR Hotel great? Wanna see it!!! :o)

• brdwtchr's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2002 at 7:16 PM

I did not think I would like Las Vegas either till I got ther

Beach_dog

“To view my nude passport picture, hold down 'ALT' and press 'F4'.”

Badges & Stats in Las Vegas

Have you been to Las Vegas?

Latest Activity in Las Vegas