"Vineyards and Bodega´s" Castrillo de la Vega by Beach_dog
Castrillo de la Vega Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 28 photos
A small Medievel town population of about 600, located 5 miles from Aranda de Duero. The town depends on its vineyards and cereal production for its livelyhood.
It has an interesting Medievel Bridge just out side the town spanning the River Duero.
Its church.. La Iglesia Parroquial de Santiago Apóstol , sits in the town center.
I spent a few days here over Christmas 2002. My host family treated me so well, feeding me all the traditional Spanish food I could eat.
I was very impressed by the beauty and tranquility of this rural area, and the beauty of its old buildings and the church.
My second visit here was for the Fiesta at the end of July 2003. It was an interesting experience to attend a small village festival, so different from the Feria?s of the south of Spain.
Visit number three was during my move from Wales to Spain, all my furniture was put in storage here until I buy a place in Andalucia. I arrived at a busy time for the village, it was during the Vendemias (grape harvest). I helped out for a day, the story of this is in the travelogues below.
My last visit was during Christmas 2003, where once again my host family fed me so much good food. I should change my VT nickname from Beach_dog to El Gordo (the fat one).
Semana Santa, the Fiesta held at Easter time. Consists of the typical Spanish Easter procession.
The main Fiesta held 24th to 27th of July. Held in Honour of Saint Santiago.
A small Fiesta held at the end of August in honour of the Virgen of the Vega.
As last year the storks were back in their nests this Christmas. Perched in a nest which looks too big for the small... more travel advice
Small chapel located in the fields outside the village. We came across while driving cross country at sunset. more travel advice
Beach_dog's Related Pages
Castrillo de la Vega Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Castrillo de la Vega
- 7 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Castrillo de la Vega?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Castrillo de la Vega
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 78 reviews, 114 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 47 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ibiza Intro, 29 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 36 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Granada Intro, 26 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cadiz Intro, 28 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 24 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 22 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 12 reviews, 69 photos, 6 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 16 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues