"Vineyards and Bodega´s" Castrillo de la Vega by Beach_dog

Castrillo de la Vega Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 28 photos

The Town

A small Medievel town population of about 600, located 5 miles from Aranda de Duero. The town depends on its vineyards and cereal production for its livelyhood.

It has an interesting Medievel Bridge just out side the town spanning the River Duero.

Its church.. La Iglesia Parroquial de Santiago Apóstol , sits in the town center.

My Experience of Castrillo.

I spent a few days here over Christmas 2002. My host family treated me so well, feeding me all the traditional Spanish food I could eat.

I was very impressed by the beauty and tranquility of this rural area, and the beauty of its old buildings and the church.

My second visit here was for the Fiesta at the end of July 2003. It was an interesting experience to attend a small village festival, so different from the Feria?s of the south of Spain.

Visit number three was during my move from Wales to Spain, all my furniture was put in storage here until I buy a place in Andalucia. I arrived at a busy time for the village, it was during the Vendemias (grape harvest). I helped out for a day, the story of this is in the travelogues below.

My last visit was during Christmas 2003, where once again my host family fed me so much good food. I should change my VT nickname from Beach_dog to El Gordo (the fat one).

Fiestas

Semana Santa, the Fiesta held at Easter time. Consists of the typical Spanish Easter procession.

The main Fiesta held 24th to 27th of July. Held in Honour of Saint Santiago.

A small Fiesta held at the end of August in honour of the Virgen of the Vega.

• Last visit to Castrillo de la Vega: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Dec 30, 2003

• SirRichard's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2003 at 1:37 PM

Very similar to the other Castrillo, Stace! I liked a lot the intro sunset pic :-))

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2003 at 8:24 AM

Looks like a wonderful area to escape the cold Alaskan winter!

• Hosell's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2003 at 11:05 AM

Great page and very funny travelogues,it is nice to see you two in a vendimia,really it is a very hard work!!! those chuletas looks very nice also.Welcome to Marbella and also to Spain Stace!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

• Carmela71's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2003 at 1:56 PM

Great resume of the Vendimia, Stace, now I wnat the ones of the festival hehehehe ... What can i say, this villague is one of my favorites in the whole Spain, I wonder why.... lol

• dabuwan's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2003 at 5:02 AM

I like little old villages. Thank you for the useful info and nice pics.

Beach_dog

“To view my nude passport picture, hold down 'ALT' and press 'F4'.”

Badges & Stats in Castrillo de la Vega

Have you been to Castrillo de la Vega?