"Marbella - My New Home" Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella by Beach_dog

Marbella Travel Guide: 568 reviews and 2,067 photos

After many visits over the last few years, I finally decided the time was right to make Marbella my home. I decided one day in Ausust 2003, while on vacation here, that the day I return home to Wales I would hand my notice in to my boss put my house on the market and prepare for my move here. I arrived early in October 2003 and do not regret the decision. I set up home with my girlfriend and VT member Carmela71 a native of Marbella.

Marbella has been popular tourist resort for many years, but they have managed to keep the worst elements of mass tourism at bay. This whole coastal stretch of the Costa del Sol, although heavily developed by building has managed to keep much of its charm.

Marbella is popular with many Europeans that have decided to get away from their own countries and set up home in the sun, I?m not alone in my decision to move here.

Great beaches feature all along the coast here, the town has a few, but for the best beaches travel away from the town, east or west, just a few miles. They are much quieter than the town beaches.

The town itself is worth some exploration. Spend some time walking through the Old Town, small streets and alleyways, where some of the best bars and restaurants reside.

The town itself dates from Roman times, remains of Roman baths can be found at San Pedro de Alcantara, a few miles to the west, as well as a Roman villa in the old town.

During its Islamic period it became a walled town and remains of its Alcazaba can still be seen. It was finally captured by the Christians in 1485.

• Pros:Perfect location, perfect weather, relaxed atmosphere.
  • Cons:Can be crowded in summer.
  • In a nutshell:Now my New Home... need I say more.
  • Last visit to Marbella: Nov 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 29, 2004

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2009 at 9:50 AM

You live in a splendid place, Stace! Good for you! ><><><><

• jenniferchin's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Woof Woof WOOF !! Happy Birthday, Stace :-)

• Dec 19, 2007 at 5:13 PM

I fell like I am in Marbella when I read your info - it was long ago and remember very little but will be thee Feb/Mar 2009 and cannot wait. New member to VT from Canada where we have had over 110 cm of snow already! Wish I was in Marbella

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2007 at 11:09 AM

Great tips and lots of fun to go through those restaurant tips. I saved them all - most helpful since I will be in Marbella area in 2 weeks!

• hotsauce28's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2007 at 10:21 AM

makes you want to check her for ticks, yes? =)

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2007 at 7:11 AM

Xclnt info and tips - sure need you for a personal guide, - one day ;-)))

• kymbanm's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2006 at 10:54 PM

thinking about visiting your neck of the world after Santorini ..... thinking about a road trip :)

• Jun 26, 2006 at 9:14 AM

Hey I am getting married next June 28th I was wondering, in your opinion, the nicest Church on the costa del sol is.......?

• MATIM's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2006 at 6:00 AM

it's nice to relive our visit to Marbella :-) Maybe we are going back to Spain in October, my fooks are married for 50 years and dad is thinking of a trip to Nerja

• nomada's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2006 at 11:12 AM

Eso digo yo: where are the pics? :)))

Beach_dog Lives Here!

Beach_dog

“To view my nude passport picture, hold down 'ALT' and press 'F4'.”

Badges & Stats in Marbella

Have you been to Marbella?

Latest Activity in Marbella