"Marbella - My New Home" Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella by Beach_dog
Marbella Travel Guide: 568 reviews and 2,067 photos
After many visits over the last few years, I finally decided the time was right to make Marbella my home. I decided one day in Ausust 2003, while on vacation here, that the day I return home to Wales I would hand my notice in to my boss put my house on the market and prepare for my move here. I arrived early in October 2003 and do not regret the decision. I set up home with my girlfriend and VT member Carmela71 a native of Marbella.
Marbella has been popular tourist resort for many years, but they have managed to keep the worst elements of mass tourism at bay. This whole coastal stretch of the Costa del Sol, although heavily developed by building has managed to keep much of its charm.
Marbella is popular with many Europeans that have decided to get away from their own countries and set up home in the sun, I?m not alone in my decision to move here.
Great beaches feature all along the coast here, the town has a few, but for the best beaches travel away from the town, east or west, just a few miles. They are much quieter than the town beaches.
The town itself is worth some exploration. Spend some time walking through the Old Town, small streets and alleyways, where some of the best bars and restaurants reside.
The town itself dates from Roman times, remains of Roman baths can be found at San Pedro de Alcantara, a few miles to the west, as well as a Roman villa in the old town.
During its Islamic period it became a walled town and remains of its Alcazaba can still be seen. It was finally captured by the Christians in 1485.
- Pros:Perfect location, perfect weather, relaxed atmosphere.
- Cons:Can be crowded in summer.
- In a nutshell:Now my New Home... need I say more.
The belfry of this church features in much of Marbella?s tourist advertising. It is a pretty feature of the old town and... more travel advice
The stone for the walls was probably taken from the old Roman buildings of the Salduba. Clues can be found in the walls... more travel advice
- See All Learning Spanish
- See All Refugio de Juanar - Sierra Blanca...
- Famous People
- See All Great Ice Cream
Beach_dog's Related Pages
Marbella Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marbella (under permanent construction)"
- "VALENTINE'S DAY IN MARBELLA"
- "Marbella - My New Home"
- "Marbella, luxury in the Costa del Sol"
- "Marbella we Love you"
- "MINI MINI VT MEETINGS"
- "VT MEETING IN MARBELLA,MAY 2006"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marbella
- Hotels in Marbella
- Transportation in Marbella
- Nightlife in Marbella
- Restaurants in Marbella
- Shopping in Marbella
- Warnings and Dangers in Marbella
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marbella
- 47 Reviews
- 89 Photos
- 69 Forum posts
- 78 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Marbella?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marbella
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Dear Hotsauce...."
- Commented on one of Myfanwe's Marbella travel pages
- updated a Marbella Travel Page "Marbella - My New Home"
- Wrote a Review Casco Antiguo - Encarnaci?n Church about Old Town in Marbella Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Casco Antiguo - Encarnaci?n Church"
Photos in MarbellaSee All Photos (89)
Top 10 Pages
- Spain Intro, 78 reviews, 114 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 47 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ibiza Intro, 29 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 36 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Granada Intro, 26 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cadiz Intro, 28 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 24 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 22 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 12 reviews, 69 photos, 6 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 16 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues