"Torrox Costa" Top 5 Page for this destination Torrox by Beach_dog

Torrox Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 150 photos

I?ve been to Torrox costa on two occassions, and I must say I find it a sad sort of place, but then I have only visited during the winter months. I cannot say too much about it other than it is a typical small coastal resort on the Costa del Sol. It seems to be occupied by German and a few British residents and holidaymakers. A promenade runs along beach with the usual bars, cafe?s and ice cream parlours. Nothing too exciting really, but for one thing... it has some fragmentary Roman ruins of a kiln and a Roman graveyard. The town council have made an attempt to preserve and display them, badly in my opinion, but if you are interested in such things (as I am) then it may be worth calling by to take a look. More info in my tips.

We visited the second time with Hans and Lori (Waalwiener) during our return from a trip from Frigiliana. In the photo you will see Hans.... just before we fired him out to sea.... as fishfood... jeje.

• Last visit to Torrox: Feb 2004
  • Intro Updated Feb 9, 2004

• spanishguy's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2006 at 3:33 PM

Nice page Stace! Some VT friends told me about the meeting and Carmen explained it very well. Probably I'll be there. Thank you for organize such a big thing!

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2005 at 3:24 PM

3 comments in 1 day, and then none for over a year! Thought I'd take a look a place in Spain I had never been to (and I think not even heard of!). BTW, How far did you manage to fire Hans out to sea? Did Lori go fetch him or turn tail and run???

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2004 at 10:50 AM

I seeeeeenn ittttttt I seen it it is great and there is a whale laying on a Canon hahahahah Looks like a Dutch born Canadian Whale byeeeeeee got to go

• Carmela71's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2004 at 10:43 AM

Cheaky monkey! Comenting in your own page lol Dama blanca ice cream was good isnt it?

• Beach_dog's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2004 at 10:39 AM

Hey.. great page Beach_dog :0)

Beach_dog

“To view my nude passport picture, hold down 'ALT' and press 'F4'.”

Badges & Stats in Torrox