Vejer de la Frontera Things to Do Tips by Beach_dog Top 5 Page for this destination
Vejer de la Frontera Things to Do: 43 reviews and 87 photos
Inglesia de la Concepción.
Ancient convent of our lady of the conception is a rennaissance style church, built in the 16th century. It was opened in 1562, and founded by Juan de Amaya the Elder.
Virgin de la Oliva
As with many churches throughout Spain, an image of the local Virgin is displayed in ornate tiles on the church exterior. This one represents the Virgin of the Olives.
Church of Divino Salvador.
The Parish Church which was built in two architectural styles.. Gothic-Mudejar during the 14th century (this incorporates Arab style construction) and Late Gothic additions during the 17th century. It is a very pretty church, but we did not enter as it was a Sunday and a service was taking place.
One of the gates located in the walls that originally protected the town. Like the walls it was built between the 10 and 12 Centuries, but was restored by Lord Enrique, Duke of Guzman, in the 15th Century after the Christian forces had recaptured the town from the Moors.
Recinto Amurallado ( Walled Compound)
The walled compound surrounds the oldest part of the town, it was built during the 10 and 12 centuries when the Moors occupied the town. It was built for the defence of the heart of the town.
As I mentioned above the views from Vejer are wonderful. As vejer is situated at the top of a hill, you can see across many miles of the surrounding landscape.
Welcome to Vejer
This quaint little sign with town mosaic welcomes you into the town of Vejer de la Frontera. You can park your car here and walk up into the town or park higher up. From this point you also get some great views of the surrounding valleys and countryside.
Beach_dog's Related Pages
Vejer de la Frontera Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of the whitest nicest villages in the south"
- "One beautiful little 'White' village!"
- "VEJER DE LA FRONTERA"
- "A STRONG MOORISH CHARACTER"
- "Vejer De La Frontera."
- "WOW Vejer de la Frontera - Puebla Blanco"
- "Molinos, Mountains, Meandering...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vejer de la Frontera
- Hotels in Vejer de la Frontera
- Transportation in Vejer de la Frontera
- Nightlife in Vejer de la Frontera
- Restaurants in Vejer de la Frontera
- Shopping in Vejer de la Frontera
- Warnings and Dangers in Vejer de la Frontera
- See All...
Explore the World
- Baguio Hotels
- Malgrat de Mar
- Stittsville Hotels
- Bohol Hotels
- Mombasa Hotels
- Cebu City
- Palma de Mallorca
- La Spezia
- PCH--Pacific Coast Highway--Highway 1
- Kuala Terengganu Things to Do
- Mount Shasta Things to Do
- New York City Things to Do
- South Lake Tahoe Things to Do
- Mall of America
- Duluth Things to Do
- Crete Island Things to Do
- Palma de Mallorca Things to Do
- Deadwood Things to Do
- Makati Things to Do
- Trincomalee Things to Do
Badges & Stats in Vejer de la Frontera
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Vejer de la Frontera?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vejer de la Frontera
Photos in Vejer de la FronteraSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 78 reviews, 114 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 47 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ibiza Intro, 29 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 36 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Granada Intro, 26 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cadiz Intro, 28 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 24 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 22 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 12 reviews, 69 photos, 6 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 16 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues