"one of the rare volcanos in continuous eruption" Top 5 Page for this destination Isola Stromboli by cbeaujean
Isola Stromboli Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 132 photos
the farest of aeolian islands....but the most famous,too...
active volcano,emerging from the sea as an iceberg of fire is the very mouth from whom jules verne put the characters of his novel "voyage au centre de la terre (travel to the earth center)".
only 2 small villages and their 2 churches,san vicenzo and san bartolo,and on oposite side,ginostra.
...but also,the island of love!because rosselini fell in love with ingrid bergman in 1949,when making "stromboli"!
- Pros:amazing spectacle,mainly in the night
- Cons:stromboli's eruptions
- In a nutshell:have to see it,once in your life!
huge basaltic rock,56m high a distorted mass on clear waters.... a staircase goes to the summit where you'll find... more travel advice
cbeaujean's Related Pages
Isola Stromboli Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "one of the rare volcanos in continuous eruption"
- "Trekking to the volcano of Stromboli"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isola Stromboli
- Hotels in Isola Stromboli
- Transportation in Isola Stromboli
- Nightlife in Isola Stromboli
- Restaurants in Isola Stromboli
- Shopping in Isola Stromboli
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isola Stromboli
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (81)
Have you been to Isola Stromboli?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isola Stromboli
- Posted in Travel Spain Forum "RE: 7days in Spain"
- updated a Isola Stromboli Travel Page "one of the rare volcanos in continuous eruption"
- Uploaded a Photo to "one of the rare volcanos in continuous eruption"
- Commented on one of mel_bee's Isola Stromboli travel pages
- Wrote a Review basaltic rocky beach (2) in Isola Stromboli Off The Beaten Path
Photos in Isola StromboliSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Chile Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 24 reviews, 78 photos
- Morocco Intro, 38 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Syria Intro, 33 reviews, 33 photos
- Málaga Intro, 18 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bolivia Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 21 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Guatemala Intro, 26 reviews, 25 photos
- Croatia Intro, 22 reviews, 22 photos
- Sicuani Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos