"also known as ANTAKYA ..." Hatay by cbeaujean
Hatay Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 121 photos
we need a big effort of imagination to dream on ruins dispersed here and there...
at the zenith of its fame,was capital of huge seleucian empire from aegean see to hindu kush and from georgia to babylon...
irony of history,its name comes from megalomaniac king antiochos the first,a descendant of minor importance.....because of nemrut dag mausoleum...SEE MY KAHTA PAGE...without the mausoleum,antiochos would escape notice...
- Pros:a city of delights...a christian holy city...
- Cons:nearly nothing to see from the past...only in your mind
- In a nutshell:it remains nothing of its past glory.....
along main road,drying pistachios....back stage,on hilltop:a roman peristyle... sleeping on the roofs,under the moon,to... more travel advice
mosaics exceptionnally well preserved...coming mainly from ancient daphne,today harbiye....9km south from here open... more travel advice
cbeaujean's Related Pages
Hatay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ancient Antioch"
- "also known as ANTAKYA ..."
- "Turkish City with Syrian flavour"
- "The Birthplace of Christianity?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hatay
- Hotels in Hatay
- Transportation in Hatay
- Nightlife in Hatay
- Restaurants in Hatay
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Hatay
- 5 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Hatay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hatay
Photos in HataySee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Chile Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 24 reviews, 78 photos
- Morocco Intro, 38 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Syria Intro, 33 reviews, 33 photos
- Málaga Intro, 18 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bolivia Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 21 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Guatemala Intro, 26 reviews, 25 photos
- Croatia Intro, 22 reviews, 22 photos
- Sicuani Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos