"in danger of disappearing under waters ilisu dam" Hasankeyf by cbeaujean
Hasankeyf Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 205 photos
the historical value of the site that will be submerged,its importance in the heritage of humanity don't weight a lot!
highlight of a trip to SE turkey.
unfortunately,future visitors may not get to see it!
hasankeyf is destined for a watery grave,as a huge dam is scheduled to be built,flooding the whole valley.
- Pros:one of the most ancient occupied places in the region
- Cons:if nothing new,will disappear within 4 years
- In a nutshell:lost city?
go beyond straw huts (see restaurants tip),then cross river tigris on foot (at this very moment,not deep at all!) and... more travel advice
on riverside:tables put on the river....so you can enjoy fish ,legs in refreshing tigris waters! unfortunately,no beers... more travel advice
cbeaujean's Related Pages
Hasankeyf Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "in danger of disappearing under waters ilisu dam"
- "Surprise, surprise - Hasankeyf."
- "It s a miracle"
- "Hasankeyf must live"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hasankeyf
- Hotels in Hasankeyf
- Transportation in Hasankeyf
- Restaurants in Hasankeyf
- Shopping in Hasankeyf
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hasankeyf
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Hasankeyf?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hasankeyf
- Posted in Travel Spain Forum "RE: 7days in Spain"
- Commented on one of MalenaN's Hasankeyf travel pages
- updated a Hasankeyf Travel Page "in danger of disappearing under waters ilisu dam"
- Wrote a Review swim in an incredible setting in Hasankeyf Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "spectacular surroundings colour "honey""
Photos in HasankeyfSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Chile Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 24 reviews, 78 photos
- Morocco Intro, 38 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Syria Intro, 33 reviews, 33 photos
- Málaga Intro, 18 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bolivia Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 21 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Guatemala Intro, 26 reviews, 25 photos
- Croatia Intro, 22 reviews, 22 photos
- Sicuani Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos