"splendid ihlara valley:don't wait for visiting it!" Ihlara by cbeaujean
Ihlara Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 60 photos
a trip in a gorge with luxuriant foliage and some troglodyte painted churches!
formerly,more than 100 churches...nowadays,around 15 of them only,can be visited;remainders are only ruins!
first churches were built from 6cent.AC when byzantine christians were defeated and persecuted by invader ottoman,having to hide and protect for praying.
amazing ihlara valley is a deep canyon carved in the tuff by nature,in consequence of volcanic eruptions.at bottom,runs "melendiz river",coming from volcano "hasan dag",(3268m)
hasan dag means proud mountain!
- Pros:for nature lovers...an archeological hike!
- Cons:*only in dry season....*hundreds of stairs!
- In a nutshell:don't miss the hike!
MORE DETAILS ON MY PAGE "GUZELYURT" more travel advice
many churches there too...but you have to find them by yourself:nearly no arrows at all to help you. more travel advice
cbeaujean's Related Pages
Ihlara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Ihlara Valley"
- "splendid ihlara valley:don't wait for visiting it!"
- "Aksaray & Ihlara Valley"
- "Ihlara Valley"
- "Ilhara Valley"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ihlara
- 7 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Ihlara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ihlara
Photos in IhlaraSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Chile Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 24 reviews, 78 photos
- Morocco Intro, 38 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Syria Intro, 33 reviews, 33 photos
- Málaga Intro, 18 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bolivia Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 21 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Guatemala Intro, 26 reviews, 25 photos
- Croatia Intro, 22 reviews, 22 photos
- Sicuani Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos