"exceptional entirety of old ottoman houses" Top 5 Page for this destination Safranbolu by cbeaujean
Safranbolu Travel Guide: 98 reviews and 314 photos
ottoman houses restored before it was too late,contrary to istanbul.
saffron was used for paintings and pharmacy.
harvest of stigmas,only;in october,before sunrise!
nowadays,we put chemical colourings in place of saffron,become too expensive.
- Pros:the whole city:wooded houses (konak),fountains,street stalls...
- In a nutshell:the most pleasant surprise between black sea and ankara
facing cinci han huge entrance: "astat",cinci hani yani 60,tel:370-7126529 attractive confectionery tasty loukoums,try... more travel advice
copper shops are wooded shacks overhanging a ravine. more travel advice
cbeaujean's Related Pages
Safranbolu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ottoman hosts or ghosts?"
- "exceptional entirety of old ottoman houses"
- "Safranbolu - Well-Preserved Ottoman Town"
- "The Enchanting Town of Safranbolu"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Safranbolu
- Hotels in Safranbolu
- Transportation in Safranbolu
- Nightlife in Safranbolu
- Restaurants in Safranbolu
- Shopping in Safranbolu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Safranbolu
- 7 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Safranbolu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Safranbolu
Photos in SafranboluSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Chile Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 24 reviews, 78 photos
- Morocco Intro, 38 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Syria Intro, 33 reviews, 33 photos
- Málaga Intro, 18 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bolivia Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 21 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Guatemala Intro, 26 reviews, 25 photos
- Croatia Intro, 22 reviews, 22 photos
- Sicuani Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos