"gate to uzuncaburc/olba/diocaesarea...." Silifke by cbeaujean
Silifke Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 24 photos
30km N from silifke....
on your way to the site, you'll discover a lot of well preserved lycean graves....
and on right side of the road,2km before main site,roman and byzantine vestiges (see photo)
in ancient greek times,OLBA,means "happy city"
became roman,1st century AC,under the name of DIOCAESAREA....
rather important city until 1000 and from then declining to a small village....
10km N of silifke,river goksu valley... the exact place (shingle beach on photo) where frederic barberousse emperor had... more travel advice
cbeaujean's Related Pages
Silifke Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "gate to uzuncaburc/olba/diocaesarea...."
- "The Three Graces: Aglaia, Euphrosyne and Thalia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Silifke
- Hotels in Silifke
- Transportation in Silifke
- Restaurants in Silifke
- See All...
Explore the World
- Malletts Bay Hotels
- Keewaydin Island Hotels
- Geiger Key Hotels
- Conil de la Frontera
- Culver City Hotels
- Marsa al `Alam
- Stoney Creek
- Estado de Colima
- Dockweiler Beach State Park Hotels
- Sequoia National Park
- Highgate Hotels
- Peach Springs
Badges & Stats in Silifke
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Silifke?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Silifke
Top 10 Pages
- Chile Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 24 reviews, 78 photos
- Morocco Intro, 38 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Syria Intro, 33 reviews, 33 photos
- Málaga Intro, 18 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bolivia Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 21 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Guatemala Intro, 26 reviews, 25 photos
- Croatia Intro, 22 reviews, 22 photos
- Sicuani Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos