"8th (unofficial) Historical World Wonder!" Lalibela by leonik
Lalibela Travel Guide: 167 reviews and 1,012 photos
11 rock-hewn churches divided into the Northern and Eastern cluster.
Some are monolithic, some semi-monolithic and some built inside a cave. The most famous, is the cross-shaped church of Beta Giyorgis, or Church of St. George. Dug out of pure rock from the top, it's the most visually-perfect... and prettiest!
Many souvenir shops around the tourist towns of Ethiopia... I bought a hand-cross which is over 70 years old, a bible... more travel advice
You can visit all 11 churches in one day but it'd be better to spread them out over 2 days... to fully appreciate... more travel advice
leonik's Related Pages
Lalibela Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ethiopia's top attraction"
- "BEYOND PETRA"
- "Lalibela - A Holy Heritage Built by Angels"
- "Biblical Lalibela"
- "Legendary Lalibela"
- "8th (unofficial) Historical World Wonder!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lalibela
- Hotels in Lalibela
- Transportation in Lalibela
- Nightlife in Lalibela
- Restaurants in Lalibela
- Shopping in Lalibela
- Warnings and Dangers in Lalibela
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lalibela
- 4 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Lalibela?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lalibela
Photos in LalibelaSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- T'bilisi Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos
- Perth Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Singapore Intro, 29 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Korea Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skardu Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- Ethiopia Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bahir Dar Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Axum Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos
- Gonder Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Lahore Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos